Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Selection BAEC Gold

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2022, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Seat Selection BAEC Gold

Hi,

​​​​​​I need to make a flight booking for me and my sister. I am gold with BA, she has no status. I was thinking book 1 standard economy fare for me with a suitcase, the gold benefits would then increase that to two (1 each) and then for her just buy a cheap basic economy ticket since she can use my luggage allowance anyway. Does anyone have any experience or know if it's possible to have one booking with two passengers in two separate travel fares? Cos one is standard economy, one is basic. Possible? If not, does anyone have experience as to how to get free seat selection for passengers travelling on my flight with me but on a separate booking? BA does say this is possible for gold members but not sure how. Do I just put in my membership number into my sister's separate booking? How does it work?

Also, does anyone know whether I can take a guest with me to forst class desks, especially if they're on a separate booking?

Thanks
​​​​​​
​​​
Old May 30, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Once you have made the bookings you will have to phone BA and ask 'to complete party' (TCP). If you have made your own seat reservation you can request thqat your sister is sat next to you. Sometimes the call handler has put me on hold and rang someone to do it while I wait. However, the majority of times they fill in a document and send it to the office for processing.
Old May 30, 2022, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Jzlerner
Does anyone have any experience or know if it's possible to have one booking with two passengers in two separate travel fares? Cos one is standard economy, one is basic. Possible?
No. So you have to do what Workie Ticket says.
Also, does anyone know whether I can take a guest with me to forst class desks, especially if they're on a separate booking?​​​
Yes, this should be no problem.
Workie Ticket likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Cheers to both of you
Workie Ticket likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Dependent on the cost difference between the two ticket types, it may just be simpler and less hassle just to book both tickets as economy plus (or whatever it's called!)

If both tickets are on the same booking, you will be able to manage both of your seats together, you won't need to call BA, you'll be better protected in case of IRROPS or BA choosing to change aircraft type which could split your seating up again etc.

If it's a £20 difference in fare, it might just be easier to swallow that cost and then you don't need to worry further or spend time TCP-ing the bookings. Your choice of course!
Old May 30, 2022, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Dependent on the cost difference between the two ticket types, it may just be simpler and less hassle just to book both tickets as economy plus (or whatever it's called!)

If both tickets are on the same booking, you will be able to manage both of your seats together, you won't need to call BA, you'll be better protected in case of IRROPS or BA choosing to change aircraft type which could split your seating up again etc.

If it's a £20 difference in fare, it might just be easier to swallow that cost and then you don't need to worry further or spend time TCP-ing the bookings. Your choice of course!
😂 It's BA! When has the cost of anything BA related ever been £20. But yes thanks for the idea. Last time I checked it was £150 difference (including 3rd party comparison sites). So hoping to be able to do everything for cheaper. I've also noticed that calling countries where BA operate to other than UK and US is 100x faster to get through on the phone so not to worried about the hassle. For example, I've never been on hold for calling BA's Israel line for more than 5 mins.
Thanks though
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
😂 It's BA! When has the cost of anything BA related ever been £20. But yes thanks for the idea. Last time I checked it was £150 difference (including 3rd party comparison sites). So hoping to be able to do everything for cheaper. I've also noticed that calling countries where BA operate to other than UK and US is 100x faster to get through on the phone so not to worried about the hassle. For example, I've never been on hold for calling BA's Israel line for more than 5 mins.
Thanks though
Short haul would probably £20 or less - presumably you're looking at long haul? That would also negate the other potential upside of two Plus tickets on one booking: on simple short haul trips you would get free on-the-day changes. That may or may not be valuable depending on your route and plans.
Old May 30, 2022, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Yes, this should be no problem.
Just spoke to BA they said no guests unless on same booking. Anyone have experience bringing guests through first check in on separate bookings?
​​​​​
Old May 30, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Just spoke to BA they said no guests unless on same booking. Anyone have experience bringing guests through first check in on separate bookings?
​​​​​
you do not even have to be on the same flight never mind the same booking

I have been guested and i have guested people on other bookings

Get your info here. We fly much more frequently than the people you are calling

as a gold, so do you.
Old May 30, 2022, 9:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
​​​​​
When it comes to questions like this, I am not clear why people bother asking BA on the phone. The collective experience of actually travelling on BA by those who have advised you in this thread is probably many multiples greater than the agent you spoke to.

You are perfectly entitled to guest your sister in to TFW to use check in together, go through TFW security, and use the GF lounge together. She does not have to be on the same booking, and she doesn't actually need to be on the same flight. The BA agents in TFW will have no problem recognising this is allowed.
scottishpoet likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
​​​​​
Don't ask overseas BA agents queries you'll get the correct answer around these parts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.