Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do you think I will get Concorde lounge access on this First itinerary.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2022, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Air France Platinum, and still missing Virgin America Elevate Gold

I purchased a cash first class ticket on ba.com It goes from CDG to LHR and connects to DOH. The confirmation receipt has only BA flight numbers. So if you look at my ticket it says BA flight 30xx First lhr to doh. Of course I know its on the Qatar A380 first but looking at the ticket, receipt, confirmation etc it says BA and First and BA flight numbers. Anyone have experience on wether or not I will be able to say I am flying "BA First" to get into the Concorde lounge?
P.S. I should note this is June 11, before T4 opens, otherwise I wouldnt care and would enjoy the Q lounge.

Last edited by mikeap; May 28, 2022 at 10:21 am Reason: Clarity
Old May 28, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
What date? Qatar are moving back to T4 later in the summer.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by mikeap
I purchased a cash first class ticket on ba.com It goes from CDG to LHR and connects to DOH. The confirmation receipt has only BA flight numbers. So if you look at my ticket it says BA flight 30xx First lhr to doh. Of course I know its on the Qatar A380 first but looking at the ticket, receipt, confirmation etc it says BA and First and BA flight numbers. Anyone have experience on wether or not I will be able to say I am flying "BA First" to get into the Concorde lounge?
We recently did the same BA codeshare, QR first, you're flying QR so their rules. In our case we were directed by QR to galleries north with a lounge pass ticket. We actually went to GF through the first wing due to status, someone here will no doubt tell us we could have gone to the ccr but we don't think so.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:22 am

P.S. I should note this is June 11, before T4 opens, otherwise I wouldnt care and would enjoy the Q lounge.
If you’re on a QR operated flight you will have access to Galleries First only. The codeshare flight number doesn’t matter.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Air France Platinum, and still missing Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by bisonrav
What date? Qatar are moving back to T4 later in the summer.
june 11
Old May 28, 2022, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the consensus everyone. Seems like a no which is ridiculous. I understand if you buy an AA first with cash you cant go to concorde but BA has no flight to Doha b/c of their partnership (monopolistic collusion) with Qatar. And the tickets cost more than BA metal to USA. So I patronize BA with first cash (not my fault they dont fly their own metal but want to sell it and give it their own number) so now I can only use the First Galleries aka domestic gold member lounge. Very disappointing. Looks like i'll be hurrying to board as there will probably be more available seats on the a380 first than the Galleries first. And nicer bathrooms too.
Old May 28, 2022, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
BA have their own flight to DOH from LGW.
Old May 28, 2022, 11:08 am

Did I read the airports correctly in that you are flying Paris to London via Doha.? Wow.
momoflyingguy likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by lavajava
Did I read the airports correctly in that you are flying Paris to London via Doha.? Wow.
I think the route is CDG-LHR-DOH.
Old May 28, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Thanks for the consensus everyone. Seems like a no which is ridiculous. I understand if you buy an AA first with cash you cant go to concorde but BA has no flight to Doha b/c of their partnership (monopolistic collusion) with Qatar. And the tickets cost more than BA metal to USA. So I patronize BA with first cash (not my fault they dont fly their own metal but want to sell it and give it their own number) so now I can only use the First Galleries aka domestic gold member lounge. Very disappointing. Looks like i'll be hurrying to board as there will probably be more available seats on the a380 first than the Galleries first. And nicer bathrooms too.
The champagne is pretty good too
Old May 28, 2022, 11:53 am

AA F definitely does give access to the CCR.
Markie, renila and capri_rob like this.
Old May 28, 2022, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
I think the route is CDG-LHR-DOH.
I would hope so... but this is flyertalk
Centurion, renila, Snuggs and 2 others like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
BA have their own flight to DOH from LGW.
That doesn’t help a BA customer connecting from Paris at all… the only LGW flights are on Vueling, and do happen to share BA flight numbers (in economy only of course).

I frankly didn’t even look at whether connecting times would work, as the whole idea of selling BA First (which I remember a long time back as FIRST) with only the option to code share on Vueling would be ludicrous.

Does make the case that BA has perhaps all but given up on the premium market from Continental Europe. Given that the only real reason to fly CE was if making a connection, then I guess CE will likely be the next to get slashed.

—-

I just realised the irony of CE, which of course I meant to be Club Europe, also being BA’s elimination of Continental Europe would be the same letters. No need for Club Europe if there’s no need for Continental Europe.
Old May 29, 2022, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Schultzois
Does make the case that BA has perhaps all but given up on the premium market from Continental Europe. Given that the only real reason to fly CE was if making a connection, then I guess CE will likely be the next to get slashed.
I don’t think this is true at all. Europe has forever been a lower-yielding premium market than the UK, and has always been considered a kind of tap that can be turned on and off whenever they do (or don’t) need extra volume to fill longhaul flights. If they think they can get a better price selling the two flights separately then they will, the same as they always have.

CE is booming - the only reason the cabin is capped now is because of the lack of extra crew to serve in it. As we saw last year, if they offer targeted leisure fares and wider availability of upgrades customers will buy them in droves (and not just FTers). Even BA aren’t stupid enough to kill that off, given it’s the only real differentiator from easyJet, etc.
Old May 30, 2022, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spanishflea
AA F definitely does give access to the CCR.
Spanishflea, curious how you know that. Recent experience? I ask b/c it says clearly you must be on BA metal to get into Concorde Lounge. Maybe they are more laid back in person than on the website rules? Or were you able to charm your way in? Or maybe it was AA metal first bought via BA ticket number? B/c your experience would be the same as mine, true First, non BA metal, but bought via BA and a oneworld partner just like AA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.