Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Unable to Upload Covid Vax - Flight to Germany Tomorrow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2022, 3:46 pm
BOH
Original Poster

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold

I'm flying to DUS tomorrow and have tried multiple times to upload my vax certificate but it seems impossible to do, either on ba.com or using the phone app. It lets me get through the first oage of entering my personal details and then I get to the next page when it says I must now upload my certificate. But how on earth am I supposed to do this on this page - there is no upload button or link, just a choice to either go back one page or "Submit".

But how do I upload my vax certificate prior to pressing "Submit"??
Old May 22, 2022, 3:55 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You may as well do it at the airport now. As mentioned on the main Upload thread, you best do this soon after the flight is on FLY, so three days before travel. The screening process takes 3 to 6 hours, so doing it now for a flight tomorrow is probably too late. I've just tried it now for a Tuesday flight and this is the screen I get:

Old May 22, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver
BOH, have you tried checking in online without submitting anything ? I’m fairly sure that on my last trip to Germany last month I no longer had to do this (I’m assuming you are a travelling from the UK) Not that I want to give you bad advice , but you could try and get to the airport slightly early in case of any problems 👍
Old May 22, 2022, 4:23 pm
BOH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BERbound
BOH, have you tried checking in online without submitting anything ? I’m fairly sure that on my last trip to Germany last month I no longer had to do this (I’m assuming you are a travelling from the UK) Not that I want to give you bad advice , but you could try and get to the airport slightly early in case of any problems 👍
Yes it does definitely state I need to do this. A colleague on the same flight as me (and on my booking) successfully uploaded his about an hour before mine.
Old May 22, 2022, 4:26 pm
BOH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You may as well do it at the airport now. As mentioned on the main Upload thread, you best do this soon after the flight is on FLY, so three days before travel. The screening process takes 3 to 6 hours, so doing it now for a flight tomorrow is probably too late. I've just tried it now for a Tuesday flight and this is the screen I get:

That's the screen I get but the "Add a file" button is missing. My colleague on the same flight (and on my booking ref) successfully added his Covid cert only an hour before me. Very puzzling.
Old May 22, 2022, 4:31 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BOH
That's the screen I get but the "Add a file" button is missing. My colleague on the same flight (and on my booking ref) successfully added his Covid cert only an hour before me. Very puzzling.
Well unless it's a browser issue (and you said you had tried on the app) then all I can think is that you are now past the deadline for submission. I am using Chrome.101.0.4951.67 and I went in via
https://digitalboarding.force.com/

I wouldn't worry about it, it won't take much time to resolve tomorrow.
Old May 22, 2022, 4:44 pm
BOH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well unless it's a browser issue (and you said you had tried on the app) then all I can think is that you are now past the deadline for submission. I am using Chrome.101.0.4951.67 and I went in via
https://digitalboarding.force.com/

I wouldn't worry about it, it won't take much time to resolve tomorrow.
Just tried it again and this time the button was there - but it 100% definitely wasn't an hour or so ago on either App or ba.com. The first time when it wasn't there I pressed "Submit" thinking the Upload button must be on the next page and strangely even with no document being uploaded it gave me a submission tracking number. The BA website does not seem to have even the simplest trap to check whether a document has actually been submitted

So when I just tried to upload when the button appeared one hour later it now says, "Documents for this passenger have already been uploaded" so prevents me from submitting now

Looms like a trip to the check-in desks tomorrow. BA IT / website is truly appalling - how the hell does it allow the "Submit" button to be pressed without a simple cross-check to see if any document was actually uploaded first?
Old May 22, 2022, 5:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I keep getting "Important: It's time to upload your COVID-19 travel documents" emails from BA for UK-Austria (&rtn) flights. Only issue(s) is/are that there are no restrictions at the moment, and nowhere to upload the documents to - the email instructions don't follow what you actually see. Furthermore, if you follow their link to the MMB *using windows/firefox - the app just comes up with an error), they have the usual booking ref/last name bit, then you're meant to click on 'find another booking'. Funnily, the instructions area headed 'How it works' - not.
Old May 22, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat (1mm),Marriott LT Plat, Avis PC, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
It didn’t work for me either a couple weeks back. Looked like a BA IT failure. What a surprise! Took care of it at check in in 5 minutes.
Old May 22, 2022, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
The button disappearing for me yielded two fixes a) enable desktop mode in the browser if on a phone b) clear cookies for ba.com and DO NOT login to your BA profile - do guest mode for check in. I keep Chrome on my iPad just to deal with the BA site being temperamental at times
SxMan likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 12:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
I managed to checkin for my flight to Hamburg last week without uploading any documents. I don’t think you need to upload anything for Germany at the moment.
Old May 23, 2022, 2:32 am
BOH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Krisz
I managed to checkin for my flight to Hamburg last week without uploading any documents. I don’t think you need to upload anything for Germany at the moment.
Very odd because I have been refused a BP to fly to DUS on the basis no Covid vax certificate was uploaded.
Old May 23, 2022, 3:08 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I too am flying to Germany today (Mon-23 May). I was able to check-in on-line using my laptop with no requirement to add any document prior to check-in. However, on my iPhone I was unable to add my boarding pass to the Wallet until I had uploaded a vaccine certificate; which I did. What's more annoying is that I am unable to add my NHS Vaccine Certificate to the Apple Wallet...

Doc Copper
Old May 23, 2022, 4:47 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
What's more annoying is that I am unable to add my NHS Vaccine Certificate to the Apple Wallet...

Doc Copper
That is odd. I’ve never had an issue adding my NHS vaccine certificate from the NHS app to my Apple Wallet. Do you get an error message?
Old May 23, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
That is odd. I’ve never had an issue adding my NHS vaccine certificate from the NHS app to my Apple Wallet. Do you get an error message?
I've never had any problems - its always added perfectly. On this occasion it didn't work, no error message. The process seems to work OK but the NHS vaccine certificate does not appear in the Apple Wallet. The wallet seems to be working OK as my boarding pass was added correctly. Odd. Maybe, its Apple's way of letting me know I need to change my 'phone!

Doc Copper

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.