Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can I get an alert when a Club World reward seat becomes available?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2022, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Newbie question. I have booked an Amex 2-for-1 reward flight from Heathrow to Cancun next March. We managed to get Club World outbound and WTP for the return. Ideally we'd love to change the WTP to CW on the way back but that was the only option within the timeframe of our trip when we booked, so we grabbed it. Is there any chance a pair of CW seats could become available, and if so, are we able to exchange more Avios to upgrade to these? Is there a way I can set an alert to be told if they do become available? Understand it's a popular tourist route so unlikely, but thought I'd ask the experts.
Old May 20, 2022, 12:40 pm

You can. You sign up to reward flight finder and they tell you!

There are other sites available as well.
Old May 20, 2022, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by greenchicken
Newbie question. I have booked an Amex 2-for-1 reward flight from Heathrow to Cancun next March. We managed to get Club World outbound and WTP for the return. Ideally we'd love to change the WTP to CW on the way back but that was the only option within the timeframe of our trip when we booked, so we grabbed it. Is there any chance a pair of CW seats could become available, and if so, are we able to exchange more Avios to upgrade to these? Is there a way I can set an alert to be told if they do become available? Understand it's a popular tourist route so unlikely, but thought I'd ask the experts.
Absolutely - I use a service called SeatSpy to alert me to this. It's low cost and works well.
Old May 20, 2022, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jp-mco
Absolutely - I use a service called SeatSpy to alert me to this. It's low cost and works well.
Thanks - and if a seat becomes available, do I just call BA as speedily as I can?
Old May 20, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Yes, Robo-sniping reward seats is not something widely available as a service (fortunately!).
m8_rotate and jokerjokerj like this.
Old May 20, 2022, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

How common is it for seats to become available once 'sold out'?
Old May 20, 2022, 4:02 pm

Over Xmas last year we originally booked WT+ seats out and CW seats back from Antigua. By the time we flew it was CW out and First back. there was a lot of anxious time on hold, even to your first, but it paid off in the end!

Never give up hope
Old May 20, 2022, 4:03 pm

We snapped up two seats in F out of DFW earlier this month thanks to SeatSpy. You can set it to email you and text/WhatsApp you.

Unsure how common it is for more reward seats to reappear, but Id create your alert with the date range youre happy with and then forget about it until you hopefully get pinged.
Old May 20, 2022, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It works very well - even for little things, eg managed to swap 4 short haul tonight to CE via an alert on Wed.
argonath likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 2:35 am

Do the premium seatspy sub, set up an alert and they WhatsApp you. Its a great service!
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Another +1 for SeatSpy. Mrs S and mini S were in PE for an Amex 2-4-1 to SJC later this month. Alerted last night (1 am) by SeatSpy that CW seats were available... at 0755 called the gold line, answered in 3 mins and booked. Result.

I can't let the moment pass without comment about YQ (another 311) or that you can't do this yourself online but hey ho. Thanks again, SeatSpy - no question the subscription is worth it because there is no way to predict the release of Avios seats.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
+1 for SeatSpy.
Just a heads up: depending upon when you booked your return leg (i.e. if it was before BA's fee hike) be prepared for an eye watering increase in taxes/fees to move to CW.
SavvyTravel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.