Wiki Posts
Search

Tested Positive (flying Sat 14th)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Tested Positive (flying Sat 14th)

Morning all.

I had a RT-PCR test yesterday and woke up to my results this morning saying I have tested positive, despite feeling absolutley no symptoms at all.

I was due to fly to BGI with the wife on Saturday on a BAH
  1. I wonder what are my options to get this cancelled or a FTV.
  2. Due to only myself being positive does the wife still have to go or can we just reschedule for a later time.
  3. Do I have to phone BAH and show evidence of the test results, or is there another way to do it as getting hold of BAH won't be easy.
  4. If a FTV is what I would recieve is that for the total cost of the holiday or does it not include the hotel part.
Any advice would be greatly recieved.
Old May 12, 2022, 1:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Can't advise you on the BAH side of things but I'd be inclined to get another test done - I've had positive & negative from PCR tests taken around an hour apart.
Old May 12, 2022, 2:04 am

Fully vaccinated people (2 doses administered more than 14 days prior to arrival or single dose where only one dose administered) will not be subject to testing* or quarantine on arrival.”

- that’s Barbados entry requirements, so if you’re fully vaxxed and can show your NHS travel QR there’s no need to test.
RockyRobin and Spanish like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by Shackyshackleton
Fully vaccinated people (2 doses administered more than 14 days prior to arrival or single dose where only one dose administered) will not be subject to testing* or quarantine on arrival.”

- that’s Barbados entry requirements, so if you’re fully vaxxed and can show your NHS travel QR there’s no need to test.
That’s *testing on arrival*. You still need a pre-departure test before flying there.

It can be a lateral flow one though if taken within 24h of departure, so if you can potentially do one of those (negative), you may be ok to fly.
Old May 12, 2022, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Shacky,

The info I recieved from the Barbados website wasAll travellers from the UK must present on arrival either:
  • a valid RT-PCR COVID-19 negative test result taken no more than 3 days in advance of your flight’s arrival. The test can be taken at any time during the day 3 days prior to the date of your arrival in Barbados. (For example, if your flight arrives at 10pm on Saturday, you can take a test at any time on the Wednesday prior to this)
  • a valid Rapid PCR COVID-19 negative test result taken one day before arrival in Barbados
  • a valid Rapid Antigen negative test result taken one day before arrival in Barbados
I wont be allowed on the flight without a negative test result and even if i was then

1. I dont want to be quarantined in my holiday for say 5-10 days
2. put to a quarantine section / hotel.
Old May 12, 2022, 2:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is an email address for BAH which you will find in other BAH threads, So I would email in your test results, as well as trying to call them at least a few times. You should get a replacement FTV at least. Obviously also check your travel insurance too.
Old May 12, 2022, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There is an email address for BAH which you will find in other BAH threads, So I would email in your test results, as well as trying to call them at least a few times. You should get a replacement FTV at least. Obviously also check your travel insurance too.
Thanks CWS.

So far having no joy calling BAH several times this morning. Will go and try and find the BAH email address.
Old May 12, 2022, 3:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Just booked my lateral flow this morning for the day before we go to BGI at the end of the month.

So sorry to hear this, and hopefully you'll be able to go at some point in the future. Lots of travel insurance policies will have you covered here so check that, but keep trying BAH.

Good luck!
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
My experience is if you've a postive test then BAH are very accomodating ( though you need to speak with them )

If you've a positive PCR they'll give you a voucher .. if it's a lateral flow test they wouldn't refund but allowed a rebook ( which of course you could book in the future and then voucher anyway so more or less the same )

This was back in Feb .. assuming it's not changed then it will be the same .. you'll need to call them though ( try early morning )
Old May 12, 2022, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks all,

Still trying to get hold of BAH and can't find this email address for them.

No point stressing about it though, as I am sure it will get sorted out today or tomorrow.
gustavmahler likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
When I had a similar issue I called them and then they sent me an email which I had to reply to with the Test information as I was on the phone with them and then it was processed instantly .. but you definitely had to call them first for this to work, it didn't seem as though you could just email.
Old May 12, 2022, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Shackyshackleton

If you travel knowing you are covid positive that not only makes you a terrible human but if it somehow emerges that you are sick and knew about it and have to quarantine etc, your insurance will not cover you. And they have ways to find this out.
Old May 12, 2022, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
@ Sheepy ... try this one, from the Double Avios thread. It may help ... [email protected]
Old May 12, 2022, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by T8191
@ Sheepy ... try this one, from the Double Avios thread. It may help ... [email protected]
I don't think you'll get anything useful or quick from that one ... If it gets within 24h of departure and you haven't had any luck with getting in contact then if you look in your confirmation email you'll find the contact info for the BA Holidays 'Duty Office' .. they'll answer quickly and will help .. but only if you're about to travel ( or already on a holiday )
EuropeanPete and firstlight like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
I don't think you'll get anything useful or quick from that one ... If it gets within 24h of departure and you haven't had any luck with getting in contact then if you look in your confirmation email you'll find the contact info for the BA Holidays 'Duty Office' .. they'll answer quickly and will help .. but only if you're about to travel ( or already on a holiday )
Fair call. I searched my previous BAH emails for anything related to the fabled Duty Officer, but failed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.