Wiki Posts
Search

No kir royale? No BA Burger?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2022, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Star Alliance Silver
No kir royale? No BA Burger?

Why is BA removing all of these long-standing classics and favourites?
My last trip in CW had no Burger in the BA First lounge (thats gone from the menu) and onboard no Kir Royale (the crew gave me a glass of rose in the champagne glass....)
What is going on?!?
u01sss3 and SxMan like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I have made no secret of the fact that I think the food offerings in the First lounge are poor, particularly compared to 2019. The idea of being able to eat a meal prior to boarding has gone. Fast food snacking is the best you can expect. The burger is available in the CCR so there is no reason why it cannot return to the First lounge. I asked a member of staff earlier this week, who said they were aware but no of no plans to restore the menu to its former glory.
YacozA, camdentown, SxMan and 1 others like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Interesting.

Not generally a huge burger fan myself (not even the much-hyped ‘BA Burger’ !) but I’m in no doubt that this will be seen as an unwelcome loss by a significant number of F lounge users (along with the onboard Kir Royale)

These sort of happenings often prove to be temporary blips, but - based on HarryHolden68’s exchange with the lounge staff member - it could well be a permanent enhancement. Too soon (??) to declare it as tantamount to another broken manifesto pledge from the January email which talked of how management has been “working hard to create a more premium experience for you, putting you at our heart”
Old May 6, 2022, 10:17 am

Removing the burger is fine but replacing with steak and ale pie is not.

I did not eat.

Is Gatters having similar updates in Flouge?
Old May 6, 2022, 1:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by flyer200
Removing the burger is fine but replacing with steak and ale pie is not.

I did not eat.

Is Gatters having similar updates in Flouge?
The pie has not replaced the burger, the pie has been a staple in the Flounge for as long as I can remember. The burger has not yet reappeared, I think the food and service proposition for the Flounge is work in progress.
Markie likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
I think the underlying problem is that the F lounge is packed most of the days however the kitchen staff numbers is still well below. I know they are trying to hire people but getting airside passes takes 6 months or so.
So I’m the CCR you can get the burger and other items which are freshly cooked for order however in the F lounge the main offering is the precooked food and salad bar. Some people prefer it and like it others missing the burger.
Hazgreen1 likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
It wasn't so long ago that threads appeared on FT all the time about how bad the burger was.

When I ate beef (I don't anymore), I actually really liked it. But it seemed at the time I was I the minority on FT.

How times change.
Old May 6, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
It wasn't so long ago that threads appeared on FT all the time about how bad the burger was.

When I ate beef (I don't anymore), I actually really liked it. But it seemed at the time I was I the minority on FT.

How times change.
It was not a great burger compared to an average restaurant burger offer, but it was better then many other option on the the menu.
Old May 6, 2022, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

They've been around a long time. Do they still have the other thingy my missus loved?

Old May 6, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
It wasn't so long ago that threads appeared on FT all the time about how bad the burger was… I actually really liked it. But it seemed at the time I was I the minority on FT. How times change.
Good point. The burger was fine. Nothing to write home about, but it got the job done and was a great option to have. Hope it will return soon.
Old May 6, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
I’ve never tried the CCR or Flounge burger. How does it compare to a middle of the road pub burger?
Old May 6, 2022, 4:57 pm

2 weeks ago we've been in MAD T4S Velázquez lounge, and I was shocked by the good quality and variety of the offered food options.
Not comparable with any BA lounge rubbish.
Old May 6, 2022, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by WingsAroundtheWorld
Why is BA removing all of these long-standing classics and favourites?
My last trip in CW had no Burger in the BA First lounge (thats gone from the menu) and onboard no Kir Royale (the crew gave me a glass of rose in the champagne glass....)
What is going on?!?
Is it rose champagne or rose wine? If latter, then it's shocking the amount of "deception" that's going on...
Old May 6, 2022, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84
I’ve never tried the CCR or Flounge burger. How does it compare to a middle of the road pub burger?
​​​​​​
It was well up to Rustler's standard.
Only with a slightly drier and crumbly burger patty. Like others have said it did the job if slip and slop (soup) wasn't your thing.
I have to say my new lounge favourite these days is garlic chicken and rice from Galleries Club. Absolutely delicious.
HIDDY and krispy84 like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bring on the Haggis!
JTXC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.