Wiki Posts
Search

Duty Free shop Changi

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2022, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Duty Free shop Changi

Does anyone know if the duty free shop for alcohol is open for arrivals at Changi T1?
Old May 3, 2022, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi
The changi airport website suggests it is temporarily closed

Regards

Tbs

PS: apologies- looks like it has been confirmed as being open

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; May 3, 2022 at 11:21 am
Old May 3, 2022, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks, I did see that but web sites can't always be relied on. Just thought I'd ask.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
I passed through a couple of weeks ago and it was certainly open then. Hope this helps.
Old May 3, 2022, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seawinder
I passed through a couple of weeks ago and it was certainly open then. Hope this helps.
Thanks very much.
Old May 3, 2022, 10:43 am

They have even re opened the BA lounge which was a nice surprise this week.
Old May 3, 2022, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whiteheatsyd
They have even re opened the BA lounge which was a nice surprise this week.
Yes, very happy about that, although the Qantas lounge is nice too.
Old May 16, 2022, 6:21 pm

May be a bit late now for OP's trip, but for anyone who's thinking of buying from Duty Free at Changi on arrival from LHR - don't bother.

It's cheaper at World Duty Free at T5 (yes, even though technically there's no more duty free in UK). Particularly so at certain times of the year when WDF offers extra 10% discount for "reserve and collect" (your item is merely kept aside at the customer service counter, you'd pay only upon collection).

Also prices at Changi Duty Free are higher for arriving passengers than departures.
Old May 16, 2022, 10:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
May be a bit late now for OP's trip, but for anyone who's thinking of buying from Duty Free at Changi on arrival from LHR - don't bother.

It's cheaper at World Duty Free at T5 (yes, even though technically there's no more duty free in UK). Particularly so at certain times of the year when WDF offers extra 10% discount for "reserve and collect" (your item is merely kept aside at the customer service counter, you'd pay only upon collection).
Unless you're connecting at Changi on any carrier to Australia, in which case any liquids over 100ml - including duty free sealed bags containing alcohol from other ports - will be confiscated at the gate check upon boarding your next flight. This includes re-boarding BA15 for the onward flight to SYD even if you arrived on it from LHR just 60-90 minutes earlier.
sammyg901 likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by paulieuk
Unless you're connecting at Changi on any carrier to Australia, in which case any liquids over 100ml - including duty free sealed bags containing alcohol from other ports - will be confiscated at the gate check upon boarding your next flight. This includes re-boarding BA15 for the onward flight to SYD even if you arrived on it from LHR just 60-90 minutes earlier.
Shouldn't think so. Because LHR would've put your alcohol purchased in tamper-proof sealed bags, that SIN would just scan at the gate.
AdBoy likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 1:07 am

Shouldn't think so. Because LHR would've put your alcohol purchased in tamper-proof sealed bags, that SIN would just scan at the gate.
Australia has it's own rules. All liquids will be confiscated. You can buy at Changi duty free and they'll deliver it to you at the gate or you can buy on board your SIN-AUS flight. But you are paying Changi departing prices which I doubt are much different to T5 anyway
Old May 17, 2022, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by sammyg901
Australia has it's own rules. All liquids will be confiscated. You can buy at Changi duty free and they'll deliver it to you at the gate or you can buy on board your SIN-AUS flight. But you are paying Changi departing prices which I doubt are much different to T5 anyway
Thinking about it I've only bought as a departing ex-SIN passenger, not sure you'd have enough time to buy in transit
Old May 17, 2022, 6:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
You should think so, because Australia imposes different rules and even tamper proof sealed duty free bags from LHR or anywhere else will be seized at the security check in Singapore.
And it's not possible to pre-order on-board duty free from BA Highlife Shop for the SIN-SYD sector of BA15.
Old May 18, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by paulieuk
You should think so, because Australia imposes different rules and even tamper proof sealed duty free bags from LHR or anywhere else will be seized at the security check in Singapore.
And it's not possible to pre-order on-board duty free from BA Highlife Shop for the SIN-SYD sector of BA15.
Out of interest is this actually due to Oz regulations or Singapore's? In any case I will visit the local supermarket here in the UK the week before a trip to Oz, see what whisky is on special and throw a couple of litres into the suitcase as gifts. Saves a lot of hassle and often is cheaper

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.