Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Collinson Covid testing LHR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Collinson Covid testing LHR

There's now no mention of any Covid testing facility at LHR on Collinson's website. Surely this must be a glitch!?
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I don’t think there is any Collinson presence within the airport anymore. It’s all Expresstest now.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
HAL simply decided to flip the franchise holder from one company to another. Collinson have locations in the vicinity to Heathrow, as have many other providers.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
HAL simply decided to flip the franchise holder from one company to another. Collinson have locations in the vicinity to Heathrow, as have many other providers.
Thanks. Nothing in the immediate vicinity to LHR that I can see on their website. I'll take a look at either Randox or Express.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Thanks. Nothing in the immediate vicinity to LHR that I can see on their website. I'll take a look at either Randox or Express.
it does look like Collison may have closed their site at LHR which will be a real issue for travel to places still needing PCR tests. They were super quick at under 2 hours and very friendly, but guess the economics no longer support it.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tinkicker
it does look like Collison may have closed their site at LHR which will be a real issue for travel to places still needing PCR tests. They were super quick at under 2 hours and very friendly, but guess the economics no longer support it.
I've since looked at Express Test and they seem to have everything covered in a few of the terminals at LHR. I think I saw T2, 3 & 5 at least. There's also the drive /walk in Randox facility at the Radisson Blu Edwardian on Bath Road.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I've since looked at Express Test and they seem to have everything covered in a few of the terminals at LHR. I think I saw T2, 3 & 5 at least. There's also the drive /walk in Randox facility at the Radisson Blu Edwardian on Bath Road.
Randox don’t do fast pcr at Heathrow. Expresstest fastest I think is 4 hours which is quite a bit longer than Collison used to take.

However, the list of places requiring pcr for vaccinated folk is quite low. Hopefully it will fall away entirely.

Last edited by tinkicker; Apr 26, 2022 at 4:04 am Reason: I was whinging when I should have been looking at the positive reasons why there is reduced test provision

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.