Wiki Posts
Search

3 flights cancelled weekend of 7/8 May

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ba gold, gha black
3 flights cancelled weekend of 7/8 May

Ive had two flights to Paris cancelled just now for 7th May and one to Copenhagen on 8th May. Weekend plans total ruined by BA as new suggested timings dont work and to rebook 2 weeks before is 100s of pounds more. Im really upset by this.
Globalist, whitewave and SxMan like this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:22 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Sorry to hear about this. When you say alternative flights will cost hundreds more, can you clarify that? Are they BA / IAG services or other airlines? There may be more options than shown in MMB due to the limitations of the Disruption Menu.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Hi CWS, we booked a day run to Paris myself and the wife. We booked the tickets in November last year at 69 GBP each. Booked a nice lunch in Paris starting at 12.30... The alternative flight offered is at 11.20 arriving CDG at 13.20. Too late for the lunch appointment. Air France are now over 300 gbp. Eurostar over 150 gbp each and climbing... We were on the 20.35pm the next day to CPH. They cancelled that and offered me one instead at 2pm... Taking out a great chunk of the day. Gatwick is no go as they have engineering works on the 7th and no trains from London.

Left stranded now without dipping into my own pocket as you can tell, and pretty angry with BA.
SxMan likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:53 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
BA still has a service at 07:20 to CDG, however it's currently full. This may be becasue they moved a lot of people to that service - not you - and therefore in a few days some seats may open up on that flight when demand shakes up. The other option is to take a rebooking for the day before, and then ping the hotel charge on BA. I am afraid that BA cancelling services is destined to be an issue for some time to come. I am sympathetic to your plans being turned upside down, the number of services I have had cancelled is pretty enormous. For the Paris side you should get compensation via EC261. CPH you won't since they gave more than 2 weeks notice.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice here. Appreciated. They did book me on the 7.20am (or offer it). Im Gold wife is silver. Then 15 minutes later they said that was cancelled too.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:02 pm

I'd have no qualms about going the night before and bunging the hotel bill to BA in that scenario. I can certainly read EC261 to hold that view. BA simply over stretched themselves in planning, but amazingly continue to cancel under 14 days, which puts them on the hook for EC261 compensation. It's a huge mistake not to have realised - and acted - sooner, which may not have helped you, other than making it easier to consider what plan B would look like.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Am i still covered under EC261 if its less than 14 days by 11 hours or do they have until 23:59 today to cancel if my flight was 08.45am on the 7th May? thankyou
Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by copenhagenBA
Am i still covered under EC261 if its less than 14 days by 11 hours or do they have until 23:59 today to cancel if my flight was 08.45am on the 7th May? thankyou
Firstly Right to Care has no timeline, BA are always responsible for that. For the delay compensation, they don't have to compensate if they gave you 2 weeks notice, but potentially do if they gave less than 2 weeks notice. So if they told you of the cancellation after 08:45 hrs today, they are on the hook, since any time after that has to be deemed less than 2 weeks notice.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all your help. Have a nice weekend CWS
Old Apr 23, 2022, 7:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Same here, in an attempt to make our 4 BA flights I booked CDG-LHR-AMS on the 8th. (BA307/438) Waking up this morning I saw the message the CDG-LHR fight is cancelled. It was received on 24-4 3.30am Singapore time, (still 23-4 in Europe so 1 day before the 2 week cut off).

The website is letting me down, after I login it shows “sorry there seems to be a technical problem”. And I can’t do anything (not even go back to the homepage)

This is part of a holiday spending Saturday in Paris, not really an option to go the night before. The day after we have a wedding to attend in NL.

First time in 10 years as a gold that I am caught out by this.(I have been lucky).

Could I rebook or cancel and get on a direct flight and still claim TP and BA metal flights?

Globalist

Last edited by Globalist; Apr 23, 2022 at 7:44 pm
Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Globalist
Same here, in an attempt to make our 4 BA flights I booked CDG-LHR-AMS on the 8th. (BA307/438) Waking up this morning I saw the message the CDG-LHR fight is cancelled. It was received on 24-4 3.30am Singapore time, (still 23-4 in Europe so 1 day before the 2 week cut off).

The website is letting me down, after I login it shows “sorry there seems to be a technical problem”. And I can’t do anything (not even go back to the homepage)

This is part of a holiday spending Saturday in Paris, not really an option to go the night before. The day after we have a wedding to attend in NL.

First time in 10 years as a gold that I am caught out by this.(I have been lucky).

Could I rebook or cancel and get on a direct flight and still claim TP and BA metal flights?

Globalist
The website is back online and I have some options for the same day. One of the options is actually EUR 170 lower in price. Would I get a refund for the difference if I rebook, or should I cancel and book?

Globalist
Old Apr 24, 2022, 1:07 am

Rebooking a reservation that results in a lower price won't generate a refund. In fact if there is a further cancellation you risk being given a refund of the lower cost fare, unless you spot it and tell BA to refund the original fare. So if there is a signiicant reduction you best claim a refund from the original fare and rebook from new.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 1:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
And just to add if the new option you want to choose is cheaper you can call and do the change via BWC which should generate a refund for the difference.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KARFA
And just to add if the new option you want to choose is cheaper you can call and do the change via BWC which should generate a refund for the difference.
Thanks Karfa,

I am a bit rusty not having flown for 2+ years. What is BWC and how do I work this from Singapore? If calling is required that would become expensive 😀

in the end I paid 521 euro for 2, plus avios worth 170 euro. (691 euro)
the new flight I can book is 525. (BA319/432)

Seems worth it to cancel and rebook?

Globalist
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Globalist
Thanks Karfa,

I am a bit rusty not having flown for 2+ years. What is BWC and how do I work this?

in the end I paid 521 euro for 2, plus avios worth 170 euro. (691 euro)
the new flight I can book is 525. (BA319/432)

Seems worth it to cancel and rebook?

Globalist
book with confidence. You would have to call to do the change under that. Basically no change fees atm under bwc.
Globalist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.