Search

Last leg of ex EU trip cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Last leg of ex EU trip cancelled

Hasn't happened yet, it it could.

My GOT LHR LAL LHR ARN concludes on Easter Monday.

I’m then on a separate ticket back to London. If the last leg is cancelled, what claim to I have against my main itinerary? I get my options on my return to London
Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:54 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
If you're asking whether the cancellation of a sector on one ticket will give you preferential treatment on a sector in a separate booking the answer is 'no'. You will however be able to avail yourself of the Book With Confidence options. Or maybe I misunderstood your post?
Anonba likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
My reason for asking is that i.d choose notto fly , but if I did that, would any proportion of my ticket be refunded or any compensation due?
Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Originally Posted by kingcole974
My reason for asking is that i.d choose notto fly , but if I did that, would any proportion of my ticket be refunded or any compensation due?
Yes you'd get a refund, though it might not be that much. Compensation would depend, at least in part, on the cause of the cancellation.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by kingcole974
I will have another go and summarize the situation that I think you're trying to set out.

You have a flight to Stockholm which is expected to operate but you also have a flight back from Stockholm on a separate ticket that you believe will not operate. You're asking whether you can not fly to Stockholm and receive compensation on that ticket because a flight on another ticket is not going to operate and won't be able to get you back.

My answer to this is 'no'.

If you choose not to take a perfectly serviceable sector because of a problem on a sector on a separate ticket you will not receive any compensation on the first ticket.

The best solution would be not to travel to Stockholm and use 'Book With Confidence' for the flight back to London. There *may* be compensation due on the ticket that has the cancelled sector back from Stockholm but as mentioned above it would depend on the reason for the cancellation.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
[QUOTE=kingcole974;34167650]Hasn't happened yet, it it could.

My GOT LHR LAL LHR ARN concludes on Easter Monday.

/QUOTE]

BA flies to Lakeland, Florida??? ( I had to look that one up)
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
BA flies to Lakeland, Florida??? ( I had to look that one up)
That would be really handy for Streamsong Resort.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
I've got a similar one here, but the LHR-DUB on BA has been cancelled 6 days to me getting back from SFO/JFK, so basically it's fine to finish in London. It's an 1100quid fare. If i phone up will an FTV be possible and will it amount to much (enough for say going to LUX in CE with half of it)?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 2:19 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Smid
I've got a similar one here, but the LHR-DUB on BA has been cancelled 6 days to me getting back from SFO/JFK, so basically it's fine to finish in London. It's an 1100quid fare. If i phone up will an FTV be possible and will it amount to much (enough for say going to LUX in CE with half of it)?
About £60 would be my guess. You can just have the cash refund if it's a cancellation, which would need a call, or you can do the FTV via the online form.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.