Wiki Posts
Search

No fast track security access at Lyon

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Qatar Privilege Silver, Club Accor Platinum, IHG Gold
No fast track security access at Lyon

I don't know if this has been posted before...
CE tickets at Lyon airport don't get access to the fast track security lane, is that because BA don't pay for it?

Access can be purchased through the airport App.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by jctech
CE tickets at Lyon airport don't get access to the fast track security lane, is that because BA don't pay for it?

I imagine that that is the reason, yes. There are quite a few airports where BA pax that think they can get priority security cannot in fact do so, though more often than not it's because they expect access as an Elite, whereas the relevant airport often restricts access to business only. It's been a while since I have flown into Lyon, but I don't recall security being too bad on any of my trips there.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jctech

Same with Nice (NCE)
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Looking at the wiki in this thread it seems lack of entitlement to fast track security at LYS was an issue pre covid as well.

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding
jctech likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 8:18 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
I imagine that that is the reason, yes. There are quite a few airports where BA pax that think they can get priority security cannot in fact do so, though more often than not it's because they expect access as an Elite, whereas the relevant airport often restricts access to business only. It's been a while since I have flown into Lyon, but I don't recall security being too bad on any of my trips there.
I fly regularly from Palma in CE ( also silver card holder) and access has been cancelled. As working for most other airlines assume it is BA who didn’t stump up. Also up until recently BA CE pax and gold/ silver cardholders didn’t gain access to the lounge. Luckily we have priority passes that gained entry but saw a lot of p…..d off customers who were denied acess

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.