Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FTV Refunded, but OnBusiness points nowhere to be seen?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 2:45 am
Original Poster

I've had an OnBusiness redemption (LHR-CDG) changed to an FTV quite a while ago.

Yesterday received an email saying they're refunding the FTV, which is great. The original booking is made up of;

Points debited - 1100, Payment Total - GBP 30.41

I can't see either of these. Neither in my PayPal (which I used for the orig booking), not in my OB account.

The original booking was made in Nov 2019 for Feb 2020. My fear is that my OB points have now disappeared as they originally were due to expire 31/12/19. It's only a few points, but combined with some orphan points I have in my account at the moment, they'd be enough for a useful flight.

Has anyone else experienced this, or will I have to call and wait for an hour plus for the honour to speak to someone who may or may not be able to fix the issue?
Old Apr 5, 2022, 2:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think you may need to be patient if you only got the email yesterday:

Please allow approximately 30 days for the refund to appear on your statement.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by shadowline
I've had an OnBusiness redemption (LHR-CDG) changed to an FTV quite a while ago.

Yesterday received an email saying they're refunding the FTV, which is great. The original booking is made up of;

Points debited - 1100, Payment Total - GBP 30.41

I can't see either of these. Neither in my PayPal (which I used for the orig booking), not in my OB account.

The original booking was made in Nov 2019 for Feb 2020. My fear is that my OB points have now disappeared as they originally were due to expire 31/12/19. It's only a few points, but combined with some orphan points I have in my account at the moment, they'd be enough for a useful flight.

Has anyone else experienced this, or will I have to call and wait for an hour plus for the honour to speak to someone who may or may not be able to fix the issue?
From what i understand the points have to be done manually and needless to say there could be a fair few bookings that need to be actioned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.