Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA873 - Krakow to LHR Sun 3 Apr

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
i am still going for an inbound today and a flight back tomorrow as tomorrows flight is cancelled
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:11 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
We decided to bail on the flight 90 mins ago and got switched to LH via FRA, hopefully back into T2 @ 10pm. With no BA flight tomorrow didn’t want to wait and see how things worked out. Have a nice evening in Krakow flyslow and Ned…
wrp96, Ned1968, ermis177 and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Well options are:
1. Try to call BA and ask to rebook to a different service even with connection if something possible.
2. if that fails and can’t reach BA or they just refuse it then get a ticket from other airlines and claim it back on BA.
I would think BA would deny any compensation and responsibility so you would have to take them to MCOL so you won’t see your money for many months but it is not acceptable that passengers just waiting many hours for a flight which might never happen.
Of course if you have bags or connections etc it could further complicate things.
I’m aware that this is a high risk strategy and might not work so have some thinking before.
hopefully others could chip in and either agree with above or point out something I miss.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:12 am

Lounge staff confirmed it's cancceleld and flying 11:00 tomorrow
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Possible to get FR from KRK-STN tonight for around £55 I think (priority, hand baggage fare). Or NCL for a little bit cheaper.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
you think someone from BAs ops team is telling the Welcome services in krakow whats going on?
I think that you missed the point of my post, which was that the fact that an airline does not have its own personnel at an out-station is not a reason not to communicate with passengers, via their handling agent.
Second, the fact that there is no new information does not obviate the need to communicate with passengers: you make an announcement at the gate as to when the aircraft is currently expected to depart and provide which information you have (which could be that you have no additional information); set a time for the next announcement at the gate (and invite customers to check the boards and listen to airport announcements in the meantime should the situation change before the next scheduled announcement) and provide passengers with catering vouchers; also be there for a while to answer question from passengers. This really isn't rocket science.
Hubbabridge and Keystone like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
OK, so the decision point you guys need to make is whether to book into the HGI in the airport - perfectly decent hotel in my experience - or wait to see what the ground agents will do (which may be the HGI, or maybe AN Other Hotel which has enough rooms for everyone). Or indeed to return back to town. Either way you will get your hotel expenses covered. The benefit in staying and queuing up will probably be a boarding pass for tomorrow, but if you did nothing then the BA App may do that. It may take an hour or so to process everyone. There isn't any point calling BA Contact Centres until the flight is cancelled in Flight Status, which it is isn't at the moment. It may not actually become cancelled, because it may be deemed a very late running service.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:24 am

Text from BA said overnight delay, not cancellation. Standing with bunch of other people, but ground stuff seems to be as clueless as we are. If nothing happens in next 10 min or so I will book my own hotel
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
At the LHR end, it is now showing as boarding from gate 40 at T3. so indeed it does look like an overnight stop at KRK, crew needing rest and thus the late morning departure.
mnhusker likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by NickB
I think that you missed the point of my post, which was that the fact that an airline does not have its own personnel at an out-station is not a reason not to communicate with passengers, via their handling agent.
Second, the fact that there is no new information does not obviate the need to communicate with passengers: you make an announcement at the gate as to when the aircraft is currently expected to depart and provide which information you have (which could be that you have no additional information); set a time for the next announcement at the gate (and invite customers to check the boards and listen to airport announcements in the meantime should the situation change before the next scheduled announcement) and provide passengers with catering vouchers; also be there for a while to answer question from passengers. This really isn't rocket science.
While this is all perfectly reasonable and sensible, I expect the BA Ops team is swamped with chaos at the moment, and as short staffed as all the other parts of the business seem to be

It seems Welcome (the agent) has handed out vouchers and now they have finally received some info have shared it with the PAX (and I predicted in post 38, and welcome probably also figured out some time ago but not not tell you till BA confirmed)

I appreciate its frustrating but if you just end up getting updated every 30 minutes they will have a team of people thinking up new "leaves of the line" type garbage to give you every update

Till they have a firm plan for 872 there is no plan for 873

it couldnow be 872 is leaving london at 7 to get to krk in time to leave at 11am, but I am still thinking we wmight see 872 come over tonight and they crew then have their required rest before an 11am departure. thats the sort of time we usually see the departure when there has been fog issues causing a nightstop somewhere
NickB and nancypants like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:27 am

Something is being explained, but only in Polish
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
At the LHR end, it is now showing as boarding from gate 40 at T3. so indeed it does look like an overnight stop at KRK, crew needing rest and thus the late morning departure.

post 38!

you heard it here first!!
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by flyslow
Good!
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:33 am

And having finished that all the airport staff made a disappearing act.
Off to have ciggie and booking a hotel. Happy queueing if anyone decides to stay
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:33 am

And having finished that all the airport staff made a disappearing act.
Off to have ciggie and booking a hotel. Happy queueing if anyone decides to stay
So you are none the wiser?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.