Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time in first

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:40 am
Original Poster

First time in first

It’s our first time in first on the Heathrow Express and we are sooooo excited. Please help us make this trip memorable by giving out your secret tips!!! Lounges - which ones can we use in Paddington. Massage - I’ve heard these are available, can anybody recommend? Which side of the train should we sit to make the best of the views? Facing the direction of travel or not??? Help make our trip to T5 unforgettable!!!
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by muscat
It’s our first time in first on the Heathrow Express and we are sooooo excited. Please help us make this trip memorable by giving out your secret tips!!! Lounges - which ones can we use in Paddington. Massage - I’ve heard these are available, can anybody recommend? Which side of the train should we sit to make the best of the views? Facing the direction of travel or not??? Help make our trip to T5 unforgettable!!!
I got the massage, was great! Always face the direction of travel because if you see something of interest coming your way you can focus on it more as it gets nearer. If that makes sense.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
There is a nice railway depot to see on the left.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:58 am
tyr

Ask the ticket inspector to give you a seat tour so you don't miss any of the features.
fripperies and GogLobster like this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Make sure you get a paper ticket for framing and display in your study.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Make sure that you change into your PJ’s whilst still on the platform.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Use the front of the two first carriages if you can. It’s more quiet and will give you that “private train” experience
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:43 am

Talking

Originally Posted by muscat
Very good... got me for a few seconds, then I realised what day it is.
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
I assume this is a troll post? If yes then make sure you arrive 6 hours early to get your flight. Secondly be a bit proactive and check what kind of vouchers they offer today for First class passengers. Last if one of the main options are not available during your flight ask you see the CW menu. The options are usually the same with different names If that’s not a troll post I am sorry in advance but there isn’t much you can do apart from CCR.
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 5:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Don't forget to ask for your complimentary first class bear.

Old Apr 1, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
You'll often find the driver's kids are taking up most of the carriage. Bit of a kick in the teeth for those of us who scrimp and save to pay the full fare.
mikeyfly, WSTC, golfmad and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 5:41 am

Are they serving Krug? I've never been able to afford F on the Heathrow Express
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Surely it was obvious that this was not genuine as the OP spelt FIRST without using any capital letters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.