Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parents stuck at LHR, MMB can't rebook

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:27 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by HGPilot
Not great but better than zero I suppose. Do they need to submit individual reimbursements or will BA split between the two?
If they share the same surname, you can make one claim with everything on it. If they have different surnames it will be faster to split the claim into two halves. But either way, claim for everything and point out that doing this saved the airline from a hotel bill. In the past they still racheted back taxi fares to £50 per person.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If they share the same surname, you can make one claim with everything on it. If they have different surnames it will be faster to split the claim into two halves. But either way, claim for everything and point out that doing this saved the airline from a hotel bill. In the past they still racheted back taxi fares to £50 per person.
Same surname so we're good. I got sticker shock at the price but compared to a hotel meals etc. it's actually not a bad option at all. Plus there's zero consideration for the inconvenience of cancelling their flight and having nothing available tomorrow which is all self inflicted.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
BA1315

Cancelled while in the lounge, quote, ' collect your bags at the carousel and leave the lounge immediately its now closed ' as two police officers appeared. No assistance from BA, nothing on MMB, apart from call the duty office, that asks us to email them its pathetic. Ended up on EZY to LTN taxi to Heathrow arrived 4 hours late. These things happen but trying to ger hold of BA is impossible thats not beyond their control! Got through on phone they cant help either apart from they have emailed the duty office as well. What a shambles!
IFlyPlanes likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by binman
very sensible and BA will pay! It’s less than the cost of hotel taxi trains etc.

don’t take no for an answer, this chaos is entirely self inflicted
Dont be so sure on that. In the case of delayed luggaGe BA wouldn’t pay £30 for a return taxi to the airport to get my bag on later flight but would have paid for a new pair of trousers and shirt even though it cost more. Would be a MCOL to see if BA cave. At least 2 x EU261 to cover.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Evan if BA only pays £50 per person for the taxi, with the comp from EC261 of £420 per person that's mentioned in post #4, they should still cover their costs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.