Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ghost availability (AVIOS / QR)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2022, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Ghost availability (AVIOS / QR)

Anyone else seein QR availability on BA.COM that is unbookable?
EG ive been looking a a few dates in FEB/MAR 2023 from **europe** to SYD that shows bookable on BA.COM but when you compete the payment you get the following..

Sorry, we have been unable to complete your transaction at this time.

We're sorry, we are unable to process your request. Please contact your local British Airways office.
And when you ring BA they say there is no availability..
Checking on QR.COM shows availability, but at the x2 price...
Old Mar 28, 2022, 12:24 am

One explanation might be that some of the early 2023 genuine QR availability on other sites (AA,QF) is mixed class - J to DOH & F DOH/Oz. Suggest check those other sites & then phone BA to look at separate sectors as the BA website can't cope with mixed classes it seems. I got same BA online response as you but then booked A J+F through the AA site just now. Only problem of course is if BA try to charge sectors individually...
Old Mar 28, 2022, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bullswood
One explanation might be that some of the early 2023 genuine QR availability on other sites (AA,QF) is mixed class - J to DOH & F DOH/Oz. Suggest check those other sites & then phone BA to look at separate sectors as the BA website can't cope with mixed classes it seems. I got same BA online response as you but then booked A J+F through the AA site just now. Only problem of course is if BA try to charge sectors individually...
Youre right it is a mixed class booking, though i already have 1 seat booked.. i think the BA site isnt fully working/in sync and there are some glitches. EG i booked LHR-DOH-SYD (last leg first) for 119500 points on BA, same prices up on QR as 130k.. If i try and book that separately it will be be circa 160k which is more than i have left in points sadly
Old Mar 28, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
I booked last week on BA.com a mixed class redemption to Sydney for Mrs B and myself a total of 522k Avios. Routing is EDI-DOH-SYD return with the DOH-SYD leg in first and because of that BA have split into 4 one way sectors raising the price in Avios which I let them know in no uncertain terms that I am not happy about.
Called the Gold line yesterday as availability had come up returning from Brisbane on a different date, Avios remained the same but taxes and fees had tripled. It was referred to the back office.
Received an email asking me to contact BA which I did spoke to another agent and after various toing and froing thought I had gotten the taxes and fees down to just an extra £200 or so which I accepted for the moment but said I would query this.
Also spoke to another agent during the day who thought I had not been charged enough Avios he reckoned it should have been over 900k got that queried.
Anyway looked at my E-ticket this morning high taxes and fees still there. Another phone call, luckily straight through, got it reverted to original itinerary and taxes and fees. BA charges skyrocketed during last few days and have taken on a lot of new staff still learning the ropes.
E-ticket still showing higher taxes and fees, looks like another phone call.
Lost all confidence in BA now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.