Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2022, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
LAX Lounges

I did LAX/DOH/KWI yesterday on QR J and F. Pre-COVID, I generally used the QF F lounge at LAX for any BA or QF departure from LAX but it's still closed and the only alternative seems to be the shared BA/CX J lounge, which is a bit tatty and has seen better days. Is there any alternative for BA and QF departures and any data on the likely date of reopening of the QF J lounge?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by southsquare
I did LAX/DOH/KWI yesterday on QR J and F. Pre-COVID, I generally used the QF F lounge at LAX for any BA or QF departure from LAX but it's still closed and the only alternative seems to be the shared BA/CX J lounge, which is a bit tatty and has seen better days. Is there any alternative for BA and QF departures and any data on the likely date of reopening of the QF J lounge?
Sorry, my typo: "..likely date of reopening of the QF F lounge?"
Old Mar 26, 2022, 8:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I haven't been to it in a while but I used to like the OneWorld J lounge. If you don't, there's really only the Flagship Lounge in T4. It's maybe 10 minutes walk airside. That's about it I'm afraid, unless QR is directing their pax somewhere they've made arrangements, I know BA has a temporary arrangement with the Star Alliance lounge (which was mostly meh but has a really lovely outdoor terrace).
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Was in both the OW J and AA FL over a few trips this past month. I enjoyed the food offerings more in the OW J lounge. More options. But, I’m really starting to appreciate the FL lounges. Not a lot of food to chose from but the quality wasn’t tragic. Both are good. I’m easy to please, and I’m always early as I enjoy the OW lounge privelages, so YMMV. I do miss the QF F lounge.

Last edited by Tack; Mar 27, 2022 at 10:07 pm
Old Mar 27, 2022, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, my typo: "..likely date of reopening of the QF F lounge?"
Could be very soon (not 100% sure). QF are starting to sell F fares LAX-SYD from 28 March. Been a long time since F were for sale
Are other threads on OW LAX lounges
https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-...st-lounge.html
https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LAX
Old Mar 27, 2022, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by Arsey00
I haven't been to it in a while but I used to like the OneWorld J lounge. If you don't, there's really only the Flagship Lounge in T4. It's maybe 10 minutes walk airside. That's about it I'm afraid, unless QR is directing their pax somewhere they've made arrangements, I know BA has a temporary arrangement with the Star Alliance lounge (which was mostly meh but has a really lovely outdoor terrace).
Only on FT would a Flagship Lounge be reduced to “about it” . The pre-FT (and lounge guru) me gets some nostalgia every time I walk in an AC, let alone a Flagship Lounge, for those days of traveling with the family and wondering what special people got to enter those doors.

This doesn’t help OP, but I like to toss the perspective around every now and then. Enjoy the trip!
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 2:56 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
What time were you there? I was there in the morning a couple of weeks ago and the QF F and OW J lounges were both closed. The sign on the F lounge door made it look permanent but I saw a photo from someone who had been in there over the same days - so maybe it is open later in the day?
Old Mar 27, 2022, 4:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
What time were you there? I was there in the morning a couple of weeks ago and the QF F and OW J lounges were both closed. The sign on the F lounge door made it look permanent but I saw a photo from someone who had been in there over the same days - so maybe it is open later in the day?
IIRC the Club lounge only opens in the afternoons. The First lounge is closed until further notice, the manager told me a few weeks ago it would remain closed until the end of March at the very earliest. Make of that what you will. I’ve not seen nor heard anything different to that since then.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Could be very soon (not 100% sure). QF are starting to sell F fares LAX-SYD from 28 March. Been a long time since F were for sale......
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
....The First lounge is closed until further notice, the manager told me a few weeks ago it would remain closed until the end of March at the very earliest.....
Which ties up with QF selling F from 28 March. At SYD "proper" First lounge is open today. (Thread in QF forum).
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Which ties up with QF selling F from 28 March. At SYD "proper" First lounge is open today. (Thread in QF forum).
That's great news but I hope it would be open throughout the day rather than only opening before Qantas flights.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Is the Centurion Lounge now open in LAX? Only works if you have a Platinum Amex, of course?
Old Mar 27, 2022, 2:14 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Neil Scrivener
Is the Centurion Lounge now open in LAX? Only works if you have a Platinum Amex, of course?
No, it is still closed “due to building repairs”. They are providing grab-and-go pre-packaged food and drink options until (IIRC) 2:30 pm
Old Mar 27, 2022, 2:17 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I did a lot of lounge surfing in LAX over the last week. Here are my thoughts:

1. AA Flagship First was best option for food and ambience. Champagne of Piper H was being served. AA J was also fine.
2. QR F was closed with no action happening.
3. QR J was OK - food choice not bad but I found the lounge very dark and not a great place to stay!
4. AS lounge in T6 - dont bother unless you want the walk - easy to get to but not much food options.
5. AMEX Centurion. Closed but you can get a take away bag from 0930-1430. It came with some nice stuff but not a substitute for the actual lounge! When I asked when the lounge would be open, the chap didn’t know but I got the feeling ‘never’ was a potential option!!

aks120
Old Mar 27, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
IF you want a quieter place to work/chill, and you don't mind cheese cubes - I can suggest the Terminal 5 Admirals Lounge. But of course, nowhere near close to the QF F!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.