Wiki Posts
Search

Advice - Royal Jordanian on Avios

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 5:37 pm
tor
Original Poster

Advice - Royal Jordanian on Avios

Hello, I'm in Dubai and have to travel back to the UK urgently. I bought a Avios ticket on Royal Jordanian at 0300 - the flight departs at 0700.

I can see the booking in MMB on BA & Finnair and I have a 125- ticket number. But I cannot check in on the Royal Jordanian website. It comes with the error that the booking does not exist.

Am I using the wrong booking code? Can I find a Royal Jordanian one? Heading to the airport soon - what if the agents struggle to find the booking? suggestions on what should my actions should be would be appreciated.

Thanks for all help!
Old Mar 18, 2022, 5:48 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I am not an expert on RJ but I think they use the Sabre system. If so, that explains why your BA reference will not work on the RJ site.

You might find that if you go to the BA MMB and try to select seats it will redirect you to the RJ site. If it does that it may show you the RJ booking reference before it redirects you. That's the reference you will need for the RJ site. That's the way it works with BA and American and American is also on Sabre.

Nonetheless, you should not have any problems with an RJ agent finding the reservation at the airport. Keep the BA ticket number (125-) handy in case you need to provide that but I suspect they will be able to look up your details without any difficulty.

Let us know how you get on.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 5:54 pm
tor
Original Poster

Thanks! Will keep everyone updated. Hoping it simply is not an issue. Now - to pack my bags!
Old Mar 18, 2022, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
RJ is on Amadeus - these things are usually pretty much instant (you can open any BA booking on rj.com) so wouldn't be a sync issue. Something to do with the name? Do you have a double barrelled last name? If so, it might be the space (or lack of) that's make things act up.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 6:06 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by BA6501
RJ is on Amadeus - these things are usually pretty much instant (you can open any BA booking on rj.com) so wouldn't be a sync issue. Something to do with the name? Do you have a double barrelled last name? If so, it might be the space (or lack of) that's make things act up.
Strange. I checked that before I posted:

https://rj.com/en/meet-rj/our-media-...res-technology

Did they change back to Amadeus recently? This was from 2017.

Yes, you're right. They switched to Amadeus in 2018:

https://rj.com/en/meet-rj/our-media-...n-with-amadeus
Old Mar 18, 2022, 7:50 pm
tor
Original Poster

No problem at check in at all. Although website still had no luck when I was in queue.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
Strange. I checked that before I posted:

https://rj.com/en/meet-rj/our-media-...res-technology

Did they change back to Amadeus recently? This was from 2017.

Yes, you're right. They switched to Amadeus in 2018:

https://rj.com/en/meet-rj/our-media-...n-with-amadeus
RJ have been using Amaedus long before 2018. I think in 2018 they ended up using some of Amadeus' extra features (upgrades and other customer options). I've flown them since 2011 and all my bookings on RJ were via Amadeus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.