Wiki Posts
Search

Early check-in at Miami

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2022, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Early check-in at Miami

Has anyone had any experience checking in bags early for the BA208 back from Miami? BA206 is operating at 5:15pm and 208 is at 9:30pm.
I'm on the 208, and hoping to check-in bags much earlier, around 2:30pm, as I'm catching up with friends who will be at the airport around the same time, and we'll chat in the Amex lounge.

Since I'm travelling in F, I called YouFirst and got the most apathetic answer - he didn't even let me finish my question before cutting me off and giving me information I didn't even need.

With 206 operating beforehand, I'm hoping the desks will be open and this will work. Past threads weren't 100% clear on exact rules.

Many thanks.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:10 am

I think you will get checked in ok, but if the Amex lounge is busy they will probably be a stickler for the rules. Access policy is within 3 hours of departure.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Jack Union
I think you will get checked in ok, but if the Amex lounge is busy they will probably be a stickler for the rules. Access policy is within 3 hours of departure.
Agreed. Bag check will be no issue in my opinion, but whilst I have not visited the Amex lounge since covid, before it is not big, was always packed and rules implemented strictly so you would not be allowed in so early, so if you want to catch up with your friend you'll need to do that in a commercial outlet instead.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thank you for the replies. We have other lounge options based on various status levels etc so not too worried if Amex won't let us in. Bag drop is my main concern.

Edit: following up the next day for any future readers of this thread. I was able to check in for the 9:30pm BA208 at 2:30pm without any problems.
Security was slow since there doesn't appear to be a fast-track option, but bag drop, security, and the long walk around to Flagship lounge was painless enough.

Last edited by estate; Mar 13, 2022 at 2:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.