Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre flight F dining SFO?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Pre flight F dining SFO?

Title says it all, is it better than eating on the aircraft?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 10:04 pm

Why? I would have eaten at Chinatown, then get some takeout. Take the train directly to SFO
Old Mar 8, 2022, 10:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by garethmorgan
Title says it all, is it better than eating on the aircraft?
Hello,
Not sure which is better but I believe there is no F class pre-flight service at the moment
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:42 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hello,
Not sure which is better but I believe there is no F class pre-flight service at the moment

That’s right. I was there two weeks ago, and whilst the staff said there were rumours that pre-flight dining would return, there was nothing imminent
Old Mar 9, 2022, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Definitely better on board. Only Northeast outstation BA lounges tend to have proper meals in F as they work on the basis of an "optional" sleeper service in F. Other destinations don't tend to do particularly well on that front unless using a partner lounge which has good/great dining options (e.g. the QF F lounge at LAX or F flagship dining where and when available).
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Pre-flight dining for First customers was closed when I travelled from SFO two weeks ago. The staff didn't know when it would open again (the main lounge had not been re-opened for long at that point).
The food on offer in the main lounge was pretty poor - only ambient snacks, (crisps, cake bars), a little bit of mezzo style snacks, hummus, olives etc. To order there were a few items, BA burger, soup, just a small selection.
The food on board in F was better in quality than that catered on the outbound from LHR.

Suggest eating lunch before you get to the airport!
Old Mar 9, 2022, 5:16 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The only thing I would add to the above is that the dining options at SFO itself aren't bad at all - particularly if connecting through the shiny new Harvey Milk domestic terminal pre BA flight, where there are lots of very nice looking outlets.

I also spotted a Gotts Roadside down the end of the international pier on my way to the BA lounge last week, albeit I didn't try it - presumably provides a last opportunity for some American classics pre-flight!
Old Mar 14, 2022, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Is the BA lounge the best choice, even without eating?
Old Mar 20, 2023, 8:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Reviving this thread, anyone know if Pre-flight F dining has reopened at SFO? Any reviews on the experience?

Would it be available to someone flying JAL First?
DrBenO likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Even in places where it is offered, pre-flight dining is only offered to passengers flying on BA (not partners) and based on class of travel (not status). The one partial exception if JFK.

Last edited by orbitmic; Mar 21, 2023 at 3:43 am
Old Mar 21, 2023, 2:37 am

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
I find the best option here is to dine somewhere pre-flight or hit up the Gott’s at the end of the terminal. The lounge has always been pretty hit and miss.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 9:21 am

To answer the actual question, yes pre-flight dining has reopened at SFO, and as before is available for passengers travelling in F only.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold | Hilton Honors Platinum
Yes it has reopened- and when I travelled recently (Feb 16th) it was fantastic. A very private room at the far end of the lounge. F passengers only, so was very quiet. Great staff. A few dishes below (Charcuterie Board, Winter Salad, Cioppino).

Dining Room

Charcuterie

Winter Salad

Cioppino
Confus, ijgordon, Pilot37 and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.