Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JNB - LHR on May 5 or 6?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2022, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
JNB - LHR on May 5 or 6?

Expertflyer shows BA56 both of these nights, with the A388 as equipment. But, when I try to book it on BA.com those dates are black and it says they don;t fly that route on those days. Anyone have any thoughts on how to handle this? Perhaps they're in the midst or swapping equipment in the system?
Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See the discussion here:
A380 BA56 LHR to JNB now zero’d out for April/May
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Thanks. That's an interesting thread. Ultimately, though, it is not about equipment for the flight it is provision of an aircraft at all! I get that they're unsure whether they'll have the a380 deployed on that route, but you'd think they would decide to have somesort of plan fly those days and thus sell me a business class seat. And, on the days they are selling seats they are VERY expensive--roughly 2x my iption on Qatar with QSuites the whole way from LAX. Very frustrating.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Muckus
I get that they're unsure whether they'll have the a380 deployed on that route, but you'd think they would decide to have some sort of plan fly those days and thus sell me a business class seat.
BA is flying on that route on both of those days. There is one flight a day, like on every subsequent day in the NS 2022 season. All that's happened is that the business class cabin is sold out on those two days.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Globaliser
BA is flying on that route on both of those days. There is one flight a day, like on every subsequent day in the NS 2022 season. All that's happened is that the business class cabin is sold out on those two days.
And part of the reason that business cabin availability is tight may be that BA has canceled the other flight (A380) and has moved people to the remaining flight currently scheduled on that day or is reserving space for those who were booked on the other flight.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. That makes sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.