Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

AA premium economy showing as 'economy checked baggage'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2022, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Guessing this is a bug on the BA website, but when booking premium economy on AA metal it shows as 'economy checked baggage' on the confirmation/summary pages, where it would usually say 'world traveller plus' or 'premium economy' on BA metal.

Assume this a bug as AA previously didnt have a PE cabin?

Fare bucket is T which is usually PE, so guess its the same on AA too?
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by DG55
Guessing this is a bug on the BA website, but when booking premium economy on AA metal it shows as 'economy checked baggage' on the confirmation/summary pages, where it would usually say 'world traveller plus' or 'premium economy' on BA metal.

You've not mentioned the route or the aircraft type.... that might be helpful to provide the clarity you're looking for.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Assuming this was booked as BA codeshare, then T is one of the three fare buckets for premium economy / WTP, which should in turn map to AA's Premium Economy
Old Mar 6, 2022, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold

What does your receipt indicate as the cost of a second checked bag? Is it zero, or something more?
Old Mar 7, 2022, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Sorry! Not enough information provided in my original post.

Route is LHR > JFK, aircraft is 777. You can see this on any dates, e.g. 10 May as an example - i've used this in my screenshots below.

It looks like there is a slight bug where Premium Economy on AA just shows as a cabin called 'Economy checked baggage' (compare where it shows on the AA outbound to the BA inbound).

It must be a bug, but its an odd one considering how closely BA/AA work on this route especially.

desmondo likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
It looks like there is a slight bug where Premium Economy on AA just shows as a cabin called 'Economy checked baggage' (compare where it shows on the AA outbound to the BA inbound).

It must be a bug, but its an odd one considering how closely BA/AA work on this route especially.
Yes, it's a bug. You are in T class which is Premium Economy - also, when you select your seats on the American Airlines website, you'll see you're in Premium Economy.

It's not unusual. I was recently searching for flights with the multi-sector tool in Business Class and it was showing one of the legs JFK-SFO on AA as being in Economy. Once I clicked through, it showed up on the pricing page as Business like it was supposed to.

The IT is not perfect, and I've come across this a few times. The only problem is that it could turn people off from booking the flight, thinking they were in the wrong class compared to the one they selected. Either way you're fine as it booked into T as it was supposed to. Likely it's just a front end bug where it's not displaying the class correctly, even though it is correct in the backgroud.
desmondo likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
I think flying "economy checked baggage" just means you fly in the hold with the rest of the checked bags. And not in the container that gets offloaded first with the priority bags. ;-)
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:09 am

I can confirm that this is a bug on the BA website. I booked Premium Economy tickets (Fare Class T) on BA/AA flights and the AA leg showed up as "Economy Checked Baggage", but it did eventually ticket as Premium Economy on AA.
desmondo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.