Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Group 9?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2022, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by xxxxx
Groups 4-9 are simply a way of boarding by rows from back to front. The higher the group, the closer to the front of economy you’ll be.
Are you sure that's correct? When I was Group 9, I was in the first row behind CE but that's only because those were the seats I'd chosen at OLCI. The original seats I'd been given were right at the back.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 4:12 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
I was group 9 from Larnaca to Heathrow last November.

I stayed in the lounge until T-30mins.......boarded next to last with a small rucksack & plotted in the exit seats with the Mrs & the middle seat was empty. The seats had become available at check-in.

A very pleasant experience.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by xxxxx
Groups 4-9 are simply a way of boarding by rows from back to front. The higher the group, the closer to the front of economy you’ll be.
That makes sense, I have always been group 9 on my shorthauls to Europe in the past year, purchase EconomyPlus fares (ie with one checked bag), and pick the seat closest available to the front of economy. Somehow I thought you had to be Bronze for group 8, and always wondered why there seemed to be so many higher status people on the flights.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Exec, LH M&M
Originally Posted by under2100
That makes sense, I have always been group 9 on my shorthauls to Europe in the past year, purchase EconomyPlus fares (ie with one checked bag), and pick the seat closest available to the front of economy. Somehow I thought you had to be Bronze for group 8, and always wondered why there seemed to be so many higher status people on the flights.
I think group 9 is basic economy, and group 8 is economy plus. Bronze would be group 3. Not sure about groups 4-7
Old Oct 5, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
The other week I got a Group 8 BP by defaut on an 'H' TATL economy ticket as a GCH (despite it having my BAEC status written on it). A quick return to the agent got it changed to Group 1 (so not automatic?).
SxMan likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Originally Posted by Saladman
Are you sure that's correct? When I was Group 9, I was in the first row behind CE but that's only because those were the seats I'd chosen at OLCI. The original seats I'd been given were right at the back.
that would be correct even in your example as boarding group are assigned at Check In, so it does not matter what your original, pre assigned seats were, as the boarding pass with your new seats was assigned group 9 in line with the previous explanation
Old Oct 5, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
At Heathrow last Friday, the gate announcement was that anyone’s boarding pass not showing a group number, should “board after group 9 “.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 12:17 pm

You were in group 9 because you were at the very front of economy.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Have gotten Group 9 ex-BER several times this year but at BER they still board by rows (probably too lazy to change the automated announcements) so...
Old Oct 5, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I was Group 9 going to Istanbul a week or so ago. It was a Hotline, so it was very cheap. And they did board Groups 1-8 before me, not that it makes a huge difference. Group 7on the way home.
What, you got taken away by security?
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by bisonrav
What, you got taken away by security?
Wouldn’t that be Group 4??
Old Oct 5, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
whoops, yes. Unless you're in hyderabad.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
I was in Group 9 on a cash fare on Sun-Air LCY-BLL which as far from cheap as you can get AND only had 7 passengers out of London (full on the return). Needless to say there was no reason to board by group....
Old Oct 5, 2022, 6:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Caribbean Miles Silver, Club Caribbean
I would have a heart attack if I saw group 9 on my boarding pass
TarquinMontague likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 10:50 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by BA2158
I would have a heart attack if I saw group 9 on my boarding pass
If they then popped you in a wheelchair, you could board before group one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.