Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CIV on my boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:47 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I just threw out last week's JFK boarding pass yesterday
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:53 pm

There's a hierachy of messages to be displayed on the boarding pass. Given the space available at the bottom, there's not enough real estate to print everything that might be associated to a customer's booking, hence the prioritisation. So regulatory messages (like the SSSS status) would come first, together with messages highlighting if a customer has reduced mobility. Then if I remember correctly it's about special meals, then you have your 'status' data such as FQTV, CIVs and bags and so on. This can also be segmented by route AFAIK.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 1:07 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Is my number hidden somewhere on my account?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 2:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
No you can't see it on your account online anywhere.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 2:47 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
Yes. Recent ticket I looked at had this comment:

CIV was 0 (Value parameter).
Back in the day, I had a security clearance of "No Security Clearance".
Old Mar 4, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
didn't someone say that the GGL addition on ex LHR boarding passes is added manually by someone a day or so before the flight (hence sometimes GGL and sometimes *GGL*)?

if that's the case, this might have just been someone adding CIV accidentally when going through GGL lists?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hyatt, Marriot, HHonors
CIV score only stored for Silver and above.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:48 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
So I just checked in at JFK and got a dismal CCR/97 on my boarding pass. Staff cannot explain what it's there for but I had no sense that it was manually added by the check-in staff as there simply wasn't time in the transaction for her to have done it. I asked the ordinary lounge staff why it was there and was told it was to show that I could have CCR access. I suspect she misunderstood the question.
Anyway, have written to BA to ask what impact a low score has on service.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:52 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Markie
So I just checked in at JFK and got a dismal CCR/97 on my boarding pass. Staff cannot explain what it's there for but I had no sense that it was manually added by the check-in staff as there simply wasn't time in the transaction for her to have done it. I asked the ordinary lounge staff why it was there and was told it was to show that I could have CCR access. I suspect she misunderstood the question.
I think you’ll find a CIV of 97 is a rather high score!
our_kid, PETER01, morges1 and 3 others like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:09 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I think you’ll find a CIV of 97 is a rather high score!
Very high!

Markie - I don't think there's a link between having a low CIV and the service provided, certainly not in my experiences anyhow and nowadays I'm mostly a WT+ traveller.
Markie, morges1, Tobias-UK and 2 others like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:10 pm

As you mentioned, it is done for GGLs so they know to let you in at the CCR. It has started since they got rid of the CCR card. For LHR they often write GGL so it appears under your name on the paper boarding pass. Also they edit the notes on FLY so it says GGL in the bottom right section so the CCR agent can see you are allowed access. For JFK they add the CIV score. It is a silly workaround, but the problem is BA have never found a way to automatically reflect CCR/GGL on bps or encoded in the code which is scanned. I have never understood why they can't just add something to the mobile bp to show GGL - but that is a different issue!

As to your exact score, why do you feel concerned about it being 97? The GGL CIV range is 97-99. 97 is entirely normal for a GGL, and I suspect the vast majority are 97 - I am as well btw. If you are a high value GGL you may get to 98 or even 99, but unless you are spending Ł80k+ per year with BA you won't be at that level. 98/99 may well get the attention of SS on a regular basis, whereas as 97 less so. Other than that I can't see you get any less service than a 98 or 99'er - although I have long suspected they are watering down my champagne in the CCR as they detect my 97 score

Unless you think your spend with BA justifies a score more than 97 and you have been miscategorised, I can't see what your issue is here or why you think you have a "dismal" or "low" score.

This is getting quite close to a DYKWIA moment tbh
Old May 10, 2022, 1:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by KARFA
As you mentioned, it is done for GGLs so they know to let you in at the CCR. It has started since they got rid of the CCR card. For LHR they often write GGL so it appears under your name on the paper boarding pass. Also they edit the notes on FLY so it says GGL in the bottom right section so the CCR agent can see you are allowed access. For JFK they add the CIV score. It is a silly workaround, but the problem is BA have never found a way to automatically reflect CCR/GGL on bps or encoded in the code which is scanned. I have never understood why they can't just add something to the mobile bp to show GGL - but that is a different issue!

As to your exact score, why do you feel concerned about it being 97? The GGL CIV range is 97-99. 97 is entirely normal for a GGL, and I suspect the vast majority are 97 - I am as well btw. If you are a high value GGL you may get to 98 or even 99, but unless you are spending Ł80k+ per year with BA you won't be at that level. 98/99 may well get the attention of SS on a regular basis, whereas as 97 less so. Other than that I can't see you get any less service than a 98 or 99'er - although I have long suspected they are watering down my champagne in the CCR as they detect my 97 score

Unless you think your spend with BA justifies a score more than 97 and you have been miscategorised, I can't see what your issue is here or why you think you have a "dismal" or "low" score.

This is getting quite close to a DYKWIA moment tbh
I don't really understand why it's done - in terms of the DYKWIA it's the complete opposite - I don't think I should have a higher score - I accept I am probably the sort of GGL BA doesn't want!
What I don't understand is why with GGL on the Boarding Pass now that GGL's get CCR, why the 97 is any form of 'shorthand'.
Surely GGL gets you in CCR?

I have two Boarding Passes issued at the same time for the trip home -
To London showing GGL/97
From London showing GGL

Someone on Facebook mentioned that he is still regularly met by the team at Heathrow on arrival and I wonder if the CIV score is being used who to offer that service to?
Old May 10, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
Very high!

Markie - I don't think there's a link between having a low CIV and the service provided, certainly not in my experiences anyhow and nowadays I'm mostly a WT+ traveller.
WT+ doesn't make it worse... I spent four years flying variously between SYD, SIN, LHR and HKG with about 90% booked in WTP+. Occasionally booked into CW. Ended up with a CIV of 96 which ended up with (very welcome but never expected) almost constant op ups to CW or F...
Markie, our_kid, PETER01 and 2 others like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:37 pm

I don't really understand why it's done - in terms of the DYKWIA it's the complete opposite - I don't think I should have a higher score - I accept I am probably the sort of GGL BA doesn't want!
What I don't understand is why with GGL on the Boarding Pass now that GGL's get CCR, why the 97 is any form of 'shorthand'.
Surely GGL gets you in CCR?
And how would they know from your bp that you are a GGL if you don't have that annotation? It isn't on the bp otherwise. LHR relies on using FLY and the notes added to your flight, JFK relies on the annotation primarily.

I have two Boarding Passes issued at the same time for the trip home -
To London showing GGL/97
From London showing GGL

Someone on Facebook mentioned that he is still regularly met by the team at Heathrow on arrival and I wonder if the CIV score is being used who to offer that service to?
I have covered all this already

EDIT: also don't always believe what people post in that particular group, it seems to consist of willy waving mostly!
HIDDY, 86BA7 and Radiation Station like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Is this a parody thread?
Markie, our_kid, HIDDY and 5 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.