Wiki Posts
Search

Flights on Schedule, but not bookable?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2022, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
Flights on Schedule, but not bookable?

I'm trying to make a group booking for a company trip to Israel in early May, and whilst the BA schedule shows two daily flights one pair of these do not seem to be bookable (BA0165 / BA0164).

I've asked the group booking team at BA but they have ignored these are suggested the only solution is the evening departure which really doesn't work for our plans.

Do you think it is likely these extra flights will be released in the future? I know Israel is opening up this month so perhaps they are holding back until they see demand? If not I will have to look elsewhere..
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to FT, christarry85!
Originally Posted by christarry85
I'm trying to make a group booking for a company trip to Israel in early May, and whilst the BA schedule shows two daily flights one pair of these do not seem to be bookable (BA0165 / BA0164).

Do you think it is likely these extra flights will be released in the future? I know Israel is opening up this month so perhaps they are holding back until they see demand?
Nobody on the outside can really know what BA is thinking (or other airlines, for that matter, when they do this). It looks like BA is holding some reservations on the flights that you cannot currently book, so this is a case of the flights having been available to book but having been taken off sale. In this situation, my guess has always been that BA is basically hedging its bets, having seen a lower level of demand than predicted. If demand now takes off, the extra capacity is easy to supply by putting the flights back on sale. If it doesn't, these flights will get cancelled and passengers will get moved. Unfortunately, we have not yet got back to a position of stable schedules (on any airline).
HIDDY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.