Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge for F passengers Chicago

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you have a PriorityPass then the Swissport lounge will be open but I'm not accepting any writs for harmful advice if you actually use the lounge for an extended period.
The "Swiss" in the name might sound promising, but the lounge is indeed far from. Almost ok for a 10-minute visit.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
There is mention on the AA forum that the Flagship lounge is opening 30th March.

Here

Last edited by OddJobMan; Mar 11, 2022 at 3:52 am Reason: Posted link
Old Mar 13, 2022, 5:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks.

I have to admit to being reticent to checking luggage and wandering off. I have done this a few times when on tier point runs but on occasions I have become quite stressed when my return travel back to the airport has been delayed. I now work on the basis that once at the airport I stay put. Of course, I could find somewhere local to the airport (Rosemont perhaps? We are staying there for one night when we arrive in the USA) where we hole up before returning the rental.

All good points... thanks again
Old Mar 13, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Swiss Lounge at ORD... Agree... First section is tiny and not appealing.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by timol
The "Swiss" in the name might sound promising, but the lounge is indeed far from. Almost ok for a 10-minute visit.
+1

No windows and small. Limited food/beverage options. Also often crowded.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Le Club Accor (Platinum)
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
Thanks.

I have to admit to being reticent to checking luggage and wandering off. I have done this a few times when on tier point runs but on occasions I have become quite stressed when my return travel back to the airport has been delayed. I now work on the basis that once at the airport I stay put. Of course, I could find somewhere local to the airport (Rosemont perhaps? We are staying there for one night when we arrive in the USA) where we hole up before returning the rental.

All good points... thanks again
I’m not sure that the check-in desks would even be open for you to drop bags off at midday? I suspect that they only open 3 hours before the first service, but someone with better knowledge than me will doubtless be along soon to confirm or correct me.
snaxmuppet likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 1:08 pm
hmv

Originally Posted by Genius1
The First lounge was adjacent to the windows but never reopened since its pandemic closure. The Terraces lounge is across the concourse walkway and doesn't have a view.

BA are due to relocate to T3 at some point soonish and will use the AA lounges, so there are no longer any plans to refurbish the BA lounges in T5 or reopen the First lounge, which has already been handed back to the airport authority for redevelopment AIUI.
Does T3 actually have A380 ready gates?
Old Mar 28, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by steveholt
The BA lounge at ORD doesn't open until 1400.
Could the OP get into T3 on a T5 boarding card and visit the AA Flagship lounge? It should be open by then. Latest opening is sometime in April.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
Could the OP get into T3 on a T5 boarding card and visit the AA Flagship lounge? It should be open by then. Latest opening is sometime in April.
Yes at ORD you can enter any terminal with a boarding pass for another terminal.
gliderpilot likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 4:56 pm

Visited 21st April. Only the club lounge now, staff were lovely but it’s a grim windowless cellar and the worst airport lounge i think I’ve ever visited. It was a sunny day and I couldn’t hack it so I moved to the comfortable public seats next to the window at gate M13 which are more pleasant and have 50Mbit free WiFi and a well stocked convenience store opposite. Going to Terminal 3 seemed like too much of a mission and I wasn’t sure of the rules for exiting/re-clearing security but anyone who’s done it would do a service by posting a guide on here since the BA lounge is the pits!
ajamieson likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 6:04 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
The AA Flagship Lounge at AA reopened today and I am flying from there to tomorrow!
Old Apr 21, 2022, 6:15 pm

Bear in mind that it isn't exactly quick to get to/from T3/T5 and that currently there's no airside connectivity between the two terminals, there was a bus service which is currently suspended. The ATS train is landside meaning one has to clear security twice (once in T3 and once in T5) and the terminals aren't next to each other either. This means that in order for one to "enjoy" AA Flagship lounge, you'd have to arrive quite early, I wouldn't hesitate to say at least 3 hours before departure and that's still cutting it fine if security queues are busy. I am not sure that much effort is worth it for accessing the AA Flagship lounge at ORD nor is it worth coming any earlier for the small, dull BA lounge nor the even worse Swissport lounge either!
Old Apr 21, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Bear in mind that it isn't exactly quick to get to/from T3/T5 and that currently there's no airside connectivity between the two terminals, there was a bus service which is currently suspended. The ATS train is landside meaning one has to clear security twice (once in T3 and once in T5) and the terminals aren't next to each other either. This means that in order for one to "enjoy" AA Flagship lounge, you'd have to arrive quite early, I wouldn't hesitate to say at least 3 hours before departure and that's still cutting it fine if security queues are busy. I am not sure that much effort is worth it for accessing the AA Flagship lounge at ORD nor is it worth coming any earlier for the small, dull BA lounge nor the even worse Swissport lounge either!
Thanks for the info. I am actually flying into ORD on AA from LAS and then I have over 3 hours before my BA flight departs. I also have GE and my KTN is on the booking so I'm thinking I should be OK???
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by johnaalex
Thanks for the info. I am actually flying into ORD on AA from LAS and then I have over 3 hours before my BA flight departs. I also have GE and my KTN is on the booking so I'm thinking I should be OK???
Ah ok then I guess you'd be better off going straight into AA Flagship upon arrival (which will hopefully be on time), use the lounge for as long as you need and then start making your way to T5 around 90 mins out from departure. Of course this is assuming you're on a single ticket and your luggage will be through-checked by AA at LAS, otherwise there's the complication of getting your luggage first, then going to T5 to check your bag in with BA, then coming back via ATS train to T3, clearing security (yes I am aware that'll be made faster thanks to your TSAPre), walking (quite a bit) to actually reach the AA Flagship in T3, then walking out (again not a "quick walk") to get onto ATS to get back to T5, clear security at T5 again...you can see how even with GE and 3 hours, time can quickly go past and potentially cut things fine especially with even a small delay. I am just not sure the AA Flagship lounge or the inter-terminal trek would be worth it as the AA Flagship isn't anything marvellous/spectacular either unless of course you are flying AA F and get access to Flagship First Dining
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:51 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
Two things to say (as a Chicago resident). Firstly there is not 'Flagship dining' in the usual sense at AA. There is (or was pre COVID) really very good buffet food in the Flagship lounge that is simply available to everyone who gains access. As GGL, when I make the briefest of domestic flights on AA, I get such access, and enjoy really very good food. But - as others posts have said - the hassle of moving between T3 and T5 is really not worth it.

Unlike the now quite appalling T5 lounge. I'm stunned that anyone here thinks the food now being served is good. I flew to London last week, and the burger on offer is shown here. It was about 4mm thick, and reminded me of the quality of state school lunches. In a bulk freezer box, the unit cost would be well less than 10 cents. It bears no relationship to the burgers served in the lounges at LHR, let alone the kind of burger served in most restaurants in Chicago (a city which loves meat).That premium customers can be offered this is a mark of such deep shame for BA...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.