Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry to US Covid Procedures

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Global Entry to US Covid Procedures

Has anyone flown into the US recently and used a global entry kiosk? If so, what procedures, if any, are in place to check Covid paperwork? Thanks
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Definitas
Has anyone flown into the US recently and used a global entry kiosk? If so, what procedures, if any, are in place to check Covid paperwork? Thanks
None. It's all done by the airline, I have seen the occasional spot check by agents, and depending on the arrival airport a CBP may still chat to a GE arrival.

Note that the photo biometric identification based kiosks are getting more widespread, but they are not everywhere. So you may need a double take as to which identity mechanism is in place.
FlyingGames likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Definitas
I flew in a couple of weeks ago to MIA. CBP doesn't check COVID paperwork for GE or regular travellers as this is done by the airlines prior to travel. Global Entry is exactly the same as it was and they have the new facial recognition in lots of locations now where you don't even have to scan your passport.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
JFK and SEA had the photo ID screen. I found it a little bit awkward looking slightly up at the camera and then pressing the box on the screen to take the photo.
Looked like I'd been dragged through a few hedges backwards on the screen as well

As above, no checks on anything Covid related. Couple of questions at JFK but nothing at SEA.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:49 am
Suspended

Programs: United Airlines 1K
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
None. It's all done by the airline, I have seen the occasional spot check by agents, and depending on the arrival airport a CBP may still chat to a GE arrival.

Note that the photo biometric identification based kiosks are getting more widespread, but they are not everywhere. So you may need a double take as to which identity mechanism is in place.
Really? I've entered the USoA sixteen times in the last nine months and never been checked or seen a check.
DeepUnderground and QT31415 like this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Used in MIA recently, no human interaction needed, through in minutes
Old Feb 25, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: UA, BAEC, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver.
at SEA there was no covid checks using GE last month. Face scan caught us out mrs altyrocket struggled to height wise, but got print outs ok. collected bags, at customs desk agent saw we were GE and then when through the questions on the customs form that used to be on the GE screen. Seems to me that they have moved from screen based system to a manual verification. Back there today, will see what process is in place.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 6:10 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by 1K By The Sea
Really? I've entered the USoA sixteen times in the last nine months and never been checked or seen a check.
we had extra checks with a CBP officer in December at MCO

also, they have the photo id booths - you appear to need three arms and also a box to stand on to get the system to work😂
Old Feb 25, 2022, 6:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, I've been checked - just a couple of questions usually, since I'm on a 3-way visa and the biometrics defaults to the first visa, rather than giving you the choice of visas on the old devices. And I've been held up briefly while someone in front is asked a few questions, including vaccine certification. No big deal, and mostly I am not asked anything.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Just been through at LAX with the newest face recognintion system in place, no passport scan, no finger prints, just the photo. Took about two seconds. Upon exiting the GE row a CBP officer merely asks "something to declare?" without checking the passport. Could have been cleared immigration without an physical passport. Never had any covid related checks since november 8th ( 8 trips ), as others said all these checks are done by the airlines prior to departure.
stewaran and jaybos like this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 8:13 am

I (US citizen with GE) entered at JFK Terminal 7 in January and was briefly checked. No COVID-related questions though, just some perfunctory ones about food mostly.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by BER Flyer
Just been through at LAX with the newest face recognintion system in place, no passport scan, no finger prints, just the photo. Took about two seconds. Upon exiting the GE row a CBP officer merely asks "something to declare?" without checking the passport. Could have been cleared immigration without an physical passport. Never had any covid related checks since november 8th ( 8 trips ), as others said all these checks are done by the airlines prior to departure.
This was exactly my experience at SFO in December, love how efficient GE is (and it was efficient even before the facial recognition came in!)
Old Feb 25, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by SteveWhite88
This was exactly my experience at SFO in December, love how efficient GE is (and it was efficient even before the facial recognition came in!)
It did fail for me at JFK back in Nov. Wouldn't recognise me and had a two minute timer on the screen before I could try again.
Had to join the general queue and that was slow. Lack of agents.

Worked two weeks later, although a lack of immigration staff meant a little wait whilst they checked GE slips etc.

Works better when you don't have the machines next to the "for everyone" booths as in T7. Prefer a walk to a separate GE line.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
only "check" ive seen is at JFK waiting for luggage and the police agent at the final exit stopping almost anyone who had hand luggage only and asking "is that ALL you packed?" "you packed light" "why did you pack to little"

the bags could not come to the belt fast enough to stop listening to him harass anyone with hand luggage only.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
Flew into JFK on Monday. No COVID-related checks at all - just the new-generation Global Entry kiosks where they use facial recognition instead of scanning your passport, and then 15 seconds with an officer where I was asked where I had traveled and if I had anything to declare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.