FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2069881-barclaycard-avios-avios-plus-credit-cards.html)

Raffles Mar 16, 2022 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Simonp27 (Post 34080039)
Same problem for me with Apple Pay.

It isn't configured with Apple Pay yet. Will take a few more weeks.

EDIflyer Mar 16, 2022 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 34080122)
It isn't configured with Apple Pay yet. Will take a few more weeks.

Any word about Google Pay?

argonath Mar 16, 2022 7:47 am

Originally Posted by D404 (Post 34078171)
"No, you cannot use your card until 6 working days after activating" is practically satire.

It's not like they're encouraging people to spend early with some sort of bonus or anything.

So if you add a typical 2 week delay for the card and 6 days to activate it its basically three weeks ???? WT*

rum Mar 16, 2022 8:43 am

Originally Posted by b1982 (Post 34080053)
This is extremely frustrating. Apple Pay and 3D Secure not working means that I can't use this card for the majority of my spends. Was trying to put 500+ pounds of purchase on it and ended up using Amex instead. Just found out today too that the card does not even work on Deliveroo!

I've been told by Barclaycard CS to use it with a Chip & PIN transaction first and that all online restrictions will be lifted after that. Not sure I believe this, but here goes...

SouthWesterner Mar 16, 2022 8:49 am

Originally Posted by rum (Post 34080366)
I've been told by Barclaycard CS to use it with a Chip & PIN transaction first and that all online restrictions will be lifted after that. Not sure I believe this, but here goes...

Please do let us know how you get on. I'm looking to make some large online transactions but seem unable to use the card for anything worth more than about £10 at the moment!

FamilyOf6 Mar 16, 2022 8:55 am

Packaging: FAIL
Pin change: Success
Chip and Pin: Success
Contactless: Success
Online (3DS): Failure with 2 MULTIPLE retailers, one being Tesco for amounts of £95 and £250.
Online (Amazon): Successfully added to account, no purchases made yet.
Telephone: Success

D404 Mar 16, 2022 9:04 am

This hasn't been true for me.

Further, I am pretty certain of two things here:
  • The CS person you spoke to probably is not discerning between "all online transactions" and specifcally ones which need 3DS.
  • Barclays doesn't give their reps or customers updates on anything until it's too late to be useful.

Aside: I suspect Rob feels a little (a lot) thrown under a bus here, and also may be gagged on speaking about it due to the nature of HFP's relationship here.

yellow_peril Mar 16, 2022 9:26 am

Originally Posted by D404 (Post 34080434)
Aside: I suspect Rob feels a little (a lot) thrown under a bus here, and also may be gagged on speaking about it due to the nature of HFP's relationship here.

I would imagine that all of this feedback and user experience is going to Barclaycard and when there is any good news that they want shared, Head for Points will be one of the key ways of getting this out. I am not applying until there is at least ONE good, smooth experience on here because I don't need this extra stress in my life at the moment, and am happy with current alternatives.

Lynyrd Mar 16, 2022 9:35 am

I can't add mind to Paypal. Annoying.

rum Mar 16, 2022 10:44 am

Originally Posted by SouthWesterner (Post 34080380)
Please do let us know how you get on. I'm looking to make some large online transactions but seem unable to use the card for anything worth more than about £10 at the moment!

Originally Posted by FamilyOf6 (Post 34080404)
Pin change: Success
Chip and Pin: Success
Contactless: Success
Online (3DS): Failure with 2 retailers, one being Tesco for amounts of £95 and £250.
Telephone: TBC

So, chip & PIN worked successfully. I managed to change the PIN to a memorable one yesterday. Haven't tried contactless thus far, but Curve and PayPal are both declined once again. Surprise-surprise.

Originally Posted by D404 (Post 34080434)
This hasn't been true for me.

Further, I am pretty certain of two things here:
  • The CS person you spoke to probably is not discerning between "all online transactions" and specifcally ones which need 3DS.
  • Barclays doesn't give their reps or customers updates on anything until it's too late to be useful.

I think this is a fair assumption - we are far from getting these issues resolved and the silence from the powers that be is deafening...

GuyWMD Mar 16, 2022 10:46 am

Don't believe it in the slightest, complete load of...

rum Mar 16, 2022 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Lynyrd (Post 34080524)
I can't add mind to Paypal. Annoying.

Yup, it's quite a fundamental thing to do when receiving a new card. First PayPal, Curve, eBay and Amazon.

CrazyLilBlondie Mar 16, 2022 10:59 am

Originally Posted by KT550 (Post 34080094)
I wonder how many accounts will be cancelled after people have received the bonus Avios (if they don't give up before).

I will be after this shambles. Or at least downgrading to a free card for purchases where Amex isn't accepted. I'm not fussed about the upgrade but was more keen on the bonus.

rum Mar 16, 2022 11:02 am

Originally Posted by CrazyLilBlondie (Post 34080800)
I will be after this shambles. Or at least downgrading to a free card for purchases where Amex isn't accepted. I'm not fussed about the upgrade but was more keen on the bonus.

Exactly the same here. I won't be paying them £12 a month for the Premier Account either.

CrazyLilBlondie Mar 16, 2022 11:06 am

deleted duplicate