Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is it only BA premium pax and those with status who complain?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Could be wrong but it seems to me you rarely ever see Y passengers without status having a good old moan on here. Why is that?
TTmex likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Y passengers know their place.

That's a joke btw before any cries of indignation from the masses of Y passengers on this board. All three of them.

Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Could be wrong but it seems to me you rarely ever see Y passengers without status having a good old moan on here. Why is that?
Because the Y passengers without status who want good service fly other airlines when it suits them. Either on the EasyJet model to buy priority whatever they want. Or on the Ryanair model of it being no worse than BA (more pitch on Ryanair than BA...just saying) but cheaper.
HIDDY, mrow, jrfsp320 and 6 others like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:58 pm

Lower expectations from those in Y?
HIDDY and Synapseturquoise like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I suspect infrequent passengers that experience some of the issues they woukd have on BA over the last few days wouldn’t fly BA again unless they absolutely had to.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Anonba
Lower expectations?
I suspect you're right. I flew for 35 years in economy with many airlines and enjoyed every flight....even those that didn't go according to plan.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:09 pm

Conversely, we seem to see disproportionally more complaints and requests for help from F passengers on reward fares.
dddc, HIDDY, justin_krusty and 6 others like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
I suspect infrequent passengers that experience some of the issues they woukd have on BA over the last few days wouldn’t fly BA again unless they absolutely had to.
Some will most won't. I've been 'inconvenienced' many times over the years due to weather and aircraft problems...BUIA especially. I just accepted it as part and parcel of flying.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Geordie405
Y passengers know their place.

That's a joke btw before any cries of indignation from the masses of Y passengers on this board. All three of them.

And those three will most likely have status.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Geordie405
Y passengers know their place

😂
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Complaining? I thought everything I read here is just constructive criticism targeted directly at the relevant managers in BA.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:20 pm

The large proportion of Y travelers that don't have status, aren't on FT, so your sample set is self-biasing!

Hopefully those travelers above vote with their pocket, which is what I wish more on here would do... then perhaps BA would be forced to up their game, in certain areas!

rb211.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTmex
Complaining? I thought everything I read here is just constructive criticism targeted directly at the relevant managers in BA.
I agree, some of it is constructive. I'm sure BA management will be acting accordingly.

Originally Posted by RB211
The large proportion of Y travelers that don't have status, aren't on FT, .
Which is a shame considering they're the majority of the airlines customers.
RB211 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:10 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
It's because they're not "on here".
scoonee, flygirl68, bafan and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
It's because they're not "on here".
Indeed, the forum is self selecting, those that are here tend to fly with BA the most - its unlikely a twice a year Y flier would find themselves here as the topics are most of interest to frequent fliers. I do a few CX and QR here and there, but I'm not particularly interested in the discussions on those boards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.