Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights from Belfast to LHR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2022, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Flights from Belfast to LHR

My friend was due to travel with me from BHD-SFO in August 2021, but BA cancelled both our flights. We both re-booked for free for June 2022. I was in First, my friend in WT. BA then recently contacted me to say on the new date I'd downgraded to CW. So I rang to rebook in First on different flights the on the same day but at different times. However they say my friend (who has a different booking reference) can't get another change for free as he has already accepted the one change and must travel on the new flights already rebooked for free on June 2022. The difference for him to change to the different time flights as myself on the same in June is currently around £220.

The BA agent did say however seemed to suggest that the BHD-LHR flights are regularly getting changed or cancelled and that it might be better to wait rather than paying the difference because if they were changed or cancelled, my friend could then rebook the whole ticket for free onto the flights I'm now on. My questions are

1. Does anyone know if the flights from BHD-LHR are in fact regularly changed or cancelled ?
2. If that is indeed the case will my friend be indeed able to rebook for free onto the same flights as myself
3. Is the price likely to go up a big lot between now and the 23rd June (date of travel) and might it be more sensible just to pay the difference now is case it goes way up? The original ticket was £399, and is now selling at £620

Just wondering is it worth taking the chance and waiting as the agent seemed to suggest for a free reebook ?

Last edited by gm230111; Feb 20, 2022 at 12:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.