Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weird issue on MMB...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2022, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Weird issue on MMB...

I spoke with a rep at BA the other day to book a reward flight with the last of my Future Travel vouchers. The voucher was previously for a different route and on BA metal, this time its on AA metal.. I had to pay some extra cash and a few extra Avios, the Avios have been deducted yet the money hasn't been charged. What I have also noticed is that the booking now appears however its showing the original cancelled flights from back in 2020 and not the new flights. However, when I drill into MMB the new flights appear, with seats already allocated (these aren't seats I want) i'm not able to select any seats it only gives me the confirmation of pre allocated seats.. another anomaly is when I try to update API details it continually tells me that my Passport number is wrong when I try to gain access. I know my passport expired back in 2019 so I entered in the old one to be sure and again that didn't work either... I have read a few articles to suggest that to change seats I need to do that through AA, however when I try to find my flight via AA it keeps coming back with an error and to try again later...

Has anyone had issues such as this? I assume that as no payment has gone out the booking isn't "official" yet, perhaps just pre-allocated and not able to make any changes? I'm happy to provide further info if it will help! I have tried calling BA but getting through to them is seemingly more difficult than meeting the Pope!

Many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.