Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What kind of experience is F at the moment?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2022, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Hi all, I appreciate that there are separate threads that cover different aspects of the current flying experience across the different cabins, but I couldn't find all of the info that I wanted. So...

I am looking at an avios redemption to the U.S towards the end of next month. Likely in to ORD and back from JFK. Out in F, back in CS.

I flew back from JFK in November so unless anything has changed at JFK, then I don't need any info on that.

I am BAEC Gold and so can use the First Wing at T5 regardless, but my main questions are whether the CCR is back to normal, and is the in flight service in First back to normal?

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Old Feb 13, 2022, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Mr.JimmyFlyer
Hi all, I appreciate that there are separate threads that cover different aspects of the current flying experience across the different cabins, but I couldn't find all of the info that I wanted. So...

I am looking at an avios redemption to the U.S towards the end of next month. Likely in to ORD and back from JFK. Out in F, back in CS.

I flew back from JFK in November so unless anything has changed at JFK, then I don't need any info on that.

I am BAEC Gold and so can use the First Wing at T5 regardless, but my main questions are whether the CCR is back to normal, and is the in flight service in First back to normal?

Hi,

Recent reports are that LHR CCR is normal service ( or virtually normal service). I think the cabanas are no more and the board room pc's are gone ( there may be one pc)

On board service food wise . (I would check the first class catering thread), the number of options is reduced ( ie no soup) but pictures indicate food is better than CW ( perhaps not as good as pre covid though), desert choices is more limited, chocolates are lindor wrapped chocolates ( rather than boxed chocolates) and the 2nd meal may be more limited but the usual F amenities are still there ( ie PDB, amenity kit, turndown service etc)

Will be flying F to Dubai in 2 weeks and will report then.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 13, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mr.JimmyFlyer

currently the service is the same as when you last flew in november.

that said there are still rumors that service changes are coming in march--like better mean choices and resumption of normal service.

yet to see anything about this being made public or formalized though so it would be a gamble i suppose if you want to try it or not.

CCR -- what is your definition of normal? it seems to be normal since last november with dining as usual.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
I'm not one to notice the finer service points, but (masks aside) my last F felt normal, same as CCR.

The CCR board room is permanently gone, replaced by sleeping pods.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
I flew back from DXB last week. Service level in First was just about what it was pre-pandemic. However the food was atrocious,but then the quality has been declining over the years anyway.

The nuts served with the post take off drink were stale, cold, and the cheapest quality I have ever seen outside of BA economy.

It always amazes me why BA cannot serve decent soft bread rather than the rock hard roles that they provide - with rock hard butter that is impossible to spread, even if you don't actually accidentally knife yourself trying to cut the roll open.

Main course (steak) was tough and virtually inedible. No cheese and biscuits, and the coffee was lukewarm.

Overall the food was better in Club World on the way to DXB.

Cabin crew were good though!
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Outbound F from LHR will be very enjoyable, CCR is great at the moment, feels a bit quieter.

Onboard is a sightly reduced menu but still a decent meal - and the gap between F and J meal has never been wider. Ex-LHR you will not have the issue the poster above had with nuts/bread/cheese; it will be the higher quality offering.

Add some good booze in and I am pretty content. My last 3 F crews were fabulous but YMMV of course.

I wouldn't hesitate for an avios redemption.
Mr.JimmyFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by VSLover
currently the service is the same as when you last flew in november.

that said there are still rumors that service changes are coming in march--like better mean choices and resumption of normal service.

yet to see anything about this being made public or formalized though so it would be a gamble i suppose if you want to try it or not.

CCR -- what is your definition of normal? it seems to be normal since last november with dining as usual.
Had to smile at this - spot the Freudian slip
VSLover likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
CCR all the same really, just a few more pesky GGL people there ..😭😁

There's been some employee. changes, but there are some old favorites working there still.

The food they don't change as often as they did and as mentioned above the terrace is changed and it's illegal to print there.😃

Apart from that all is good with the CCR.

Here's a link to the CCR menu.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2022
Old Feb 13, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
The CCR is good and normal although I only wanted a light breakfast. On board the menu is not good and was so limited when flying LHR JFK a couple of weeks ago. However the laurent-perrier grand siècle was flowing and I had the best cabin crew looking after me.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
I flew back from LHR in F last week. Other than no soup on the menu things were back to an (enhanced) pre pandemic level. The service was absolutely outstanding throughout the flight in marked contrast to my outward flight in AA first. The CCR was very quiet and again, service there was wonderful. Food was plain for F but nicely done and presented and LPGS flowed freely from the moment I boarded.

Definitely worth the avios!
Old Feb 13, 2022, 3:03 pm

It’s not fully back to pre-covid, but I would say F is the closest of all to ‘normal’. I have enjoyed my recent flights, far more than I would have done in Club. YMMV of course, but if you’re tempted and it’s available, I’d say do it. Particularly if you get the 781 to ORD, that’s a fantastic way to fly.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Airport experience back to normal. CCR operating efficiently.

Air experience seems hit and miss. Quite a few experiences of penny pinching dimishing the onboard experience.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 8:16 pm

Programs: BA, KLM, Alitalia
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
Airport experience back to normal. CCR operating efficiently.

Air experience seems hit and miss. Quite a few experiences of penny pinching diminishing the onboard experience.
Massive miss for me, crew where from bad to very bad on all four legs flown in first for us the past six month, highlight was a crew member being snarky against a very well know actress. CCR New york is great if your not travelling with a partner who is a celiac and can't eat anything in the lounge other than a packet of crisps. CCR at Heathrow fortunately is managed by a professional unlike the NY mess. Not talking about the NY staff they were great, but BA and CCR NY management are a joke at the moment if you need a bit of extra care.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by MikeManx
I flew back from DXB last week. Service level in First was just about what it was pre-pandemic. However the food was atrocious,but then the quality has been declining over the years anyway.

The nuts served with the post take off drink were stale, cold, and the cheapest quality I have ever seen outside of BA economy.

It always amazes me why BA cannot serve decent soft bread rather than the rock hard roles that they provide - with rock hard butter that is impossible to spread, even if you don't actually accidentally knife yourself trying to cut the roll open.

Main course (steak) was tough and virtually inedible. No cheese and biscuits, and the coffee was lukewarm.

Overall the food was better in Club World on the way to DXB.

Cabin crew were good though!
Nuts? Nuts are not normally served in First on BA, canapés are served with the post-departure drink.

Did you ask for cheese, was cheese listed on the menu?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.