Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Very High F fares from Europe - Summer 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Very High F fares from Europe - Summer 2022

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by Cymro
I've had difficulty getting BA to book from a UK POS over the phone, though I've heard others say it can be done.
I assume you've booked on the phone by calling the Irish (ROI for any political purists) number? Well, then you just need to change to calling the UK contact number. The contact number used defines the POS and currency used.

Last edited by Flying Yazata; Feb 10, 2022 at 6:53 am
Old Feb 8, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i feel ex-EU deals are going to be incredibly rare thru the summer until they can more accurately gauge what demand will be there now that people will finally be free to travel and move more easily (not incl asia right now). so would sadly not expect many great bargains...though i recently did have some luck with an ex-ATH booking in sept to the US.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 3:33 am

Ridiculous cost for 2 to Rhodes in September £1786!! Hope there's a sale or more fares added.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 4:25 am

Programs: Meh
Not a dig at the OP but why would anybody pay for BA F in this day and age. Especially going to the trouble to travel to a different origin from their home airport.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stevie
Not a dig at the OP but why would anybody pay for BA F in this day and age. Especially going to the trouble to travel to a different origin from their home airport.
BA F, when it is done even vaguely acceptably, is still one of the nicest ways to cross the Atlantic without starting in the Middle East (or on a Middle Eastern airline, anyway). It might not be AF or LX standard, but they have their own issues.

As for why you'd start from something other than your home airport: the OP doesn't say, but there can be a massive difference in cost between starting in Brussels, Amsterdam, Luxembourg or Düsseldorf, for instance; and if you live in Aachen or Maastricht there's not a huge difference in terms of convenience. Likewise, First fares tend to offer free stopovers, so a weekend in a European city, followed by a long-haul a few weeks later, is no hardship (and is completely different from an ex-EU back-to-back), even if you do have to pay Air Passenger Duty on the leg from the UK.
stevie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.