Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question on BA Summer 2022 schedule

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2022, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Question on BA Summer 2022 schedule

May I ask if BA summer 2022 schedule from end of March is pretty much fixed by now? Based on past experience when do BA usually announce transatlantic schedule changes for flights in April?

If there is no further change to the schedule, then we will be seeing quite a lot of LHR-LAX flights this summer, with BA flight (leaving at 11:40) and AA flight (leaving at 11:50) just 10 minutes from each other.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i cant imagine it is as they are still toying with the schedule weeks ahead. granted it is winter but they obviously make it no secret they are OK reducing or changing things in coming months.

that said, i can imagine the TIMES of the schedules leaving LAX changing on BA, but not so much the frequency.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by ma930407
May I ask if BA summer 2022 schedule from end of March is pretty much fixed by now? Based on past experience when do BA usually announce transatlantic schedule changes for flights in April?

If there is no further change to the schedule, then we will be seeing quite a lot of LHR-LAX flights this summer, with BA flight (leaving at 11:40) and AA flight (leaving at 11:50) just 10 minutes from each other.

High chance there will be changes for summer. I'm curious if there will be still changes made for April as some fares to LGW and LHR return are very cheap on BA standards
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:37 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
During summer 2022 time table period, I predict that BA will increase frequencies to the US and decrease it to the Far East.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Just think it is absurd for BA to plan a flight to LAX which is just 10 minutes ahead of AA's flight.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: OW
Sorry to ask such a basic question but does anyone know when BA summer 2023 schedule starts?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by eh220160
Sorry to ask such a basic question but does anyone know when BA summer 2023 schedule starts?
Sunday 26 March 2023.

IATA scheduling seasons start on the last Sunday in March and the last Sunday in October every year. Because so much of BA's operation is international, BA scheduling works very closely to the IATA seasons.

This doesn't preclude individual flights or routes starting or stopping mid-season, of course. But the overall structure of each scheduling season usually goes into place from its start.
eh220160 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.