Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Missing AVIOS claim - won't recognize a BA ticket Number

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing AVIOS claim - won't recognize a BA ticket Number

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2022, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Angry Missing AVIOS claim - won't recognize a BA ticket Number

I have a fairly recent (over a week ago) trip that involved 2 BA flights and 2 IB flights. Bought on BA (125-) stock. The BA flights have credited but the IB haven't. So (maybe I'm just being impatient), I tried a "Missing Avios" claim from the BA website, logged on to my BAEC account.

But, even though I typed the full ticket number exactly as on my e-mail receipt (it was booked directly on the BA website), the system is telling me that it is an invalid ticket number. Anyone else had this problem? Am I just trying too early? What else can I do?
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Henry III
Anyone else had this problem?
Amongst others:
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the links. I'll give the system another week or so, then maybe contact "BA's Secret Helper," here on FT.
m8_rotate and Globaliser like this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 8:03 pm

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
Thanks for the links. I'll give the system another week or so, then maybe contact "BA's Secret Helper," here on FT.
I had the same issue in that the system would not accept the ticket number.

I cannot praise the "secret helper" highly enough. Resolved with 24 hours.
Henry III likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:50 am

I have a fairly recent (over a week ago) trip that involved 2 BA flights and 2 IB flights. Bought on BA (125-) stock. The BA flights have credited but the IB haven't. So (maybe I'm just being impatient), I tried a "Missing Avios" claim from the BA website, logged on to my BAEC account.

But, even though I typed the full ticket number exactly as on my e-mail receipt (it was booked directly on the BA website), the system is telling me that it is an invalid ticket number. Anyone else had this problem? Am I just trying too early? What else can I do?

I’ve had the issue a few times. Seems like the feed from IB isn’t working as well as it should. The last one, I did a POU and there doesn’t appear to be any record of the upgrade…
Old Feb 18, 2022, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Smile

All sorted. What a fantastic asset we (and BAEC) have in BAMissingAvios!
GK1981, AJA_, Ramos and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:54 am
Original Poster

So, I had a 'repeat' trip to book (GLA-LHR-MAD, r/t). This time, I made sure that all four flights were on BA metal. However, in order to do that, I had to book the trip via Expedia; further, to avoid a fare that would cripple the central banks of small nations, I selected a deal that was on Iberia (075) stock. All good, I thought: after a day or so delay and some 'fiddling about' with the seat selector system on the IB website, my trip did actually appear in my BAEC account (but with a different locator code - nothing strange there).

However, over a week after the outbound (a few days less for the inbound), not a hint of any Avios or TPs (or any other acknowledgement that the flights have actually been taken) in my BAEC account.

This is becoming tiresome. I understand that airlines (including BA) have been hit hard by COVID, and I am willing to allow some 'tolerance' of operational problems. However, something that should be so trivial as to get credit in BAEC for flights on BA metal really needs to be addressed. (I'll give it a few more days, then I'll have to ask BAMissingAvios again - I guess they've been busy, of late.)
marconess likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: ba silver
Going through the same thing! Involves code shares. I will try BAM missing Avios. If that doesn't work I will simply sue them. The SCC process in my province is very simple.

Companies respond quickly to court summonses, especially if they know that they are in the wrong.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
So, I had a 'repeat' trip to book (GLA-LHR-MAD, r/t). This time, I made sure that all four flights were on BA metal. However, in order to do that, I had to book the trip via Expedia; further, to avoid a fare that would cripple the central banks of small nations, I selected a deal that was on Iberia (075) stock. All good, I thought: after a day or so delay and some 'fiddling about' with the seat selector system on the IB website, my trip did actually appear in my BAEC account (but with a different locator code - nothing strange there).
That's been a problem for a long time, since this would still have been a codeshare, only it would be IB that owns the ticket and IB awards the TPs (eventually) and the systems have long worked badly in this area. IB on IB metal would have processed fairly quickly, usually.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
It’s been 8 days and I still haven’t received any TPs or Avios for my 2 BA ticketed, BA operated flights, yet the final leg of the journey on AA metal, but BA ticketed posted correctly within 3 days. Work that one out!
Old Mar 27, 2022, 3:06 pm

Hi, new member but not new to the forum as a viewer. I have the same issue and no one from Exec Club answers the calls or seems to deal with the missing avios web page. Is there any other contact who can assist? Many thanks in advance
Old Mar 27, 2022, 3:09 pm

Hi, new member but not new to the forum as a viewer. I have the same issue and no one from Exec Club answers the calls or seems to deal with the missing avios web page. Is there any other contact who can assist? Many thanks in advance
Old Mar 27, 2022, 3:14 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk.

You could try an email to this address with your membership number, date of birth, email address and postcode to

[email protected]

Please let us know if this works.
CLondon likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
For BA Missing Avios use the chat function on the “help & contacts” page. Type “speak to agent” to avoid the bot.

All solved for me on 4 separate cases within 10 mins. Credited overnight. Easiest way I’ve found and saves calling.
CLondon likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by george77300
For BA Missing Avios use the chat function on the “help & contacts” page. Type “speak to agent” to avoid the bot.

All solved for me on 4 separate cases within 10 mins. Credited overnight. Easiest way I’ve found and saves calling.
I cannot seem to find a link to online chat. Is it under the contact exec club page?

I had an involuntary re-route of a flight (originally booked ALC-LGW on BA then changed to ALC-MAD-LHR on Iberia with BA Codeshare flight numbers).

My booking was re-issued with new e-tickets, however I cannot claim the flight with either the old or new ticket number (both coming up as invalid). It's been over a week now and I need these tier points to get renewal of bronze this year. I also had problems checking in (could not do it online as it said invalid ticket, but then the check-in agent did something on the computer and managed to check me in).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.