Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ExpressTest Antigen Lateral Fit to Fly test done at T5 departures

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ExpressTest Antigen Lateral Fit to Fly test done at T5 departures

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2022, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question ExpressTest Antigen Lateral Fit to Fly test done at T5 departures

Hi would appreciate advice as to whether if we have the above test in T5 departures with results in 40 mins that the certificate will be acceptable for travel to the US. Any experience of anyone who has done this would be gatefully received.
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 7:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I did this on Wednesday evening, for travel to SFO on Thursday, it's a well established way of fulfilling the US' requirements.

It was a comedy of errors which took three hours to resolve, but I am confident that it was a one-time event. Just stay long enough to see the red Control line.

Don't forget the BA discount to bring the cost to £30 and HALO predictable have a lower cost version in the Sofitel.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I did this on Wednesday evening, for travel to SFO on Thursday, it's a well established way of fulfilling the US' requirements.

It was a comedy of errors which took three hours to resolve, but I am confident that it was a one-time event. Just stay long enough to see the red Control line.
Many thanks for this.

Am starting from Glasgow on 2 Mar ( B2B) and flying to MCO via PHL on 3 March. Going to book test at 12.00 on 2 Mar prior to flying up to Glasgow & back. The overnight in London does not change things I hope. as LHR to Glasgow and GLA to MCO via PHL on separate tickets.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 7:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Seems ok to me. As I say, make sure you see the first red line, and ideally hang around for 40 minutes or so for the email to arrive. The certificate is stored in the profile you set up in ExpressTest's website.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

That will work. The trip to GLA and back will not affect things.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 5, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by col747uk
Hi would appreciate advice as to whether if we have the above test in T5 departures with results in 40 mins that the certificate will be acceptable for travel to the US. Any experience of anyone who has done this would be gatefully received.
Yes, it worked well for me when travelling to USA 10 days ago
Spanish likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just to add a further data point, we used it last week and had results in about 30 mins. All fine to use for travel to the States.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Another success story here. I whizzed into T5 the day before for test. Waited for cert then went to first wing to check in and get boarding pass. Made next day very stress free
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: BA : Virgin
Hi, quick side Q, is this service a self-performed-swab, potion mix and drops onto plate that is supervised and validated as such to meet USA entry requirements or are they doing the swabbing and all above
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:57 am

The ET staff do the swabbing and fulfill the cartridge. It's both nasal channels, not throat.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
I'm interested for a future trip: do the U.S. and France accept the online monitored self-tests for entry?

TIA
Old Feb 5, 2022, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by JayeJ
I'm interested for a future trip: do the U.S. and France accept the online monitored self-tests for entry?

TIA
You will find a lot more direct data points and assistance in the Destinations forums and also the Coronavirus Travel forum. But the reality for both countries - leaving the much bigger arguments as to the legislative underpinnings to those fora - is that yes, they are OK. A lot could change, about 8 major countries have dropped pre departure testing in the last 4 days.
JayeJ and finchy168 like this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC silver
Used earlier this week and result in 30 mins
Old Feb 5, 2022, 3:48 pm

How much does it cost to do a test?
Old Feb 5, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver
I have used this service for the US albeit it was at Birmingham Airport. It is acceptable. Enjoy your trip! My results came back before I arrived back at home (I live about 13 minutes away from Birmingham Airport)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.