Wiki Posts
Search

320 Neo Lockers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2022, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
320 Neo Lockers

I’ve just boarded TTNR, which is one of the youngest aircraft in the fleet, and I immediately noticed the lockers are noticeably larger. I am almost certain they were smaller on TTNC, which I flew on the OB.

Closer inspection reveals they’re designed to take a standard wheel bag on its size. A great idea, and I’m.not noticing any loss of headroom. But does anyone know when did this change occur? It is clearly new, but I am curious/geekily eager to know which aircraft was the first! And what else am I missing? HELP!
Old Feb 2, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I travelled on one aircraft with the bigger overhead bins. TTNM was the newest 320Neo I have flown in, so it must have been that one.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
Yes, it’s from G-TTNM onwards on the A320neo. They’re currently the only short-haul aircraft to feature these new larger bins.
1Aturnleft, TheJayHatch and SxMan like this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Yep I was on one of these a few months ago. Took a picture but typically it didn’t look as impressive as it did in real life! Proper bins 😊
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

I’ve also found out that TTNR does. Not have WiFi (but has power). Is this also the same from M?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
Airbus’s new Airspace XL bins, which are designed to provide 40 per cent more storage space and accommodate bigger and heavier bags stowed on their side.

The new overhead lockers - first introduced back in 2016 on the A330neo and A350 and in 2017 on the A320 - allow the storage of up to eight bags (three more than the current capacity of five), each measuring up to 61cm x 40.6cm x 25.4cm in size.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/n...ican-airlines/
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
I’m.not noticing any loss of headroom.
That’s interesting, because there’s actually quite a lot less headroom than on the previous version. Check how far your arm has to reach before touching the oxygen mask panel next time - it’s deceptive but definitely lower. Alternatively, try standing up without banging your head
SxMan likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Confus
That’s interesting, because there’s actually quite a lot less headroom than on the previous version. Check how far your arm has to reach before touching the oxygen mask panel next time - it’s deceptive but definitely lower. Alternatively, try standing up without banging your head
i was a bit hasty: when I stood up mid flight I banged my head!
Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:43 am

As American are announcing at the gate and on board some aircrafts - "put your roller into the overhead bin like a book on a book-shelf". A very good description which most people understand, also those not native English speakers.
EDIwanderer and SxMan like this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Discus
As American are announcing at the gate and on board some aircrafts - "put your roller into the overhead bin like a book on a book-shelf". A very good description which most people understand, also those not native English speakers.
Cue a bunch of millennials who don't know what books are, let alone how to arrange them on a shelf. Really hope this isn't true but you could well imagine it the way things are going....
Old Feb 3, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Here's the photo I took - they are much bigger than they look in the pic - but as the flight ended up about 50% full there was no need to see them proving their worth!

Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Here's the photo I took - they are much bigger than they look in the pic - but as the flight ended up about 50% full there was no need to see them proving their worth!

Those are the standard lockers fitted to the first batch of neos and many of the ceos.
EDIwanderer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.