Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for tier points to be added

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:26 am
Original Poster

How long for tier points to be added

Currently sitting at bronze with 90 tier points needed for silver.

looking to book flights for may which will be PE LHR > LAX then 2 weeks later return economy YVR > LAX (cruise in between)

i believe the first leg will give me the needed 90 points to hit silver, but will this be added before my inbound journey.

thanks in advance x

Last edited by carolynn; Jan 30, 2022 at 11:31 am
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by carolynn
Currently sitting at bronze with 90 tier points needed for silver.

looking to book flights for may which will be PE LHR > LAX then 2 weeks later return economy YVR > LAX (cruise in between)

i believe the first leg will give me the needed 90 points to hit silver, but will this be added before my inbound journey.

thanks in advance x
Hi,

The points should post and your status should be updated to Silver within a week.

Regards

TBS
carolynn likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Follow up question to this, do the avios and tier points post within a week of the flights individually flown, or the the last leg of the booking flown?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by 47Chits
Follow up question to this, do the avios and tier points post within a week of the flights individually flown, or the the last leg of the booking flown?

hi
they should be per flight individually flown.
although with multiple flights in close sequence they may not post in the order flown necessarily

Regards

Tbs
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 1:07 pm

What I figured, but came across an article that suggested otherwise. Thought I would ask. I did the claim page and my ticket number is "invalid". A touch strange, flew 10 days ago, but my return is still showing for February 7, fingers crossed it just works itself out. Been doing the screen refresh waiting for my status to update with anticipation of the renewal qualification for this year!
Old Jan 30, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 47Chits
What I figured, but came across an article that suggested otherwise. Thought I would ask. I did the claim page and my ticket number is "invalid". A touch strange, flew 10 days ago, but my return is still showing for February 7, fingers crossed it just works itself out. Been doing the screen refresh waiting for my status to update with anticipation of the renewal qualification for this year!
If I understand correctly, you're awaiting Avios from a flight 10 days ago? Send a message with the pertinent details to BAMissingAvios (an official company rep) who should be able to assist in a timely manner.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 3:17 pm

Done! Did that this morning. I realize it's Sunday and may not get a reply immediately, but I will see what happens. Thank you!
Old Jan 30, 2022, 4:05 pm

Deleted, Already answered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.