Search

Lounge Access - Split class journey

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors Gold, Starwood Gold
Lounge Access - Split class journey

Hi All

I'm looking to travel from JER to SZG via LHR. Apparently it's a one class service from LHR to SZG (at least on the flight we want to travel on) so there is no Club cabin.

Please would someone be kind enough to tell me if BA still give lounge access for a trip based on the highest class of travel used as part of the ticket?

I'm trying to establish whether if I book business class for the JER to LHR legs I will get lounge access in LHR whilst waiting for the flight to SZG and at SZG whilst waiting for the flight home.

Many thanks.

JC
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Delete

Last edited by alex67500; Jan 19, 2022 at 6:36 am
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Is this a charter to SZG? BA scheduled flights always operate with a club and economy cabin.

You would get access to the JER lounge being in club for JER-LHR, but you wouldn't get access at LHR as your departing flight is not in club.
alex67500 and SxMan like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Sorry, I thought you could access the lounges at LHR based on the class of travel of your inbound flight, but that's only for long haul flights!
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Many thanks for the quick replies :-)

The LHR to SZG is the BA0682. I don't think it's a charter, it just came up on BA.com

Last edited by JerseyCream; Jan 19, 2022 at 6:52 am Reason: I misunderstood the "Delete" comment.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Did you book via BA.com or through an agency / package company ? I think the point asking it if it's a charter is key as all Europe sold / operated by BA have Club Europe ?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Thank you. I think it must be a website glitch. When I try to book JER - SZG all of the LHR - SZG flights come up with the following:

But when I search for a flight from LHR - SZG on its own it comes back with Club availability.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by JerseyCream
I think it must be a website glitch.
Might be worth trying again, perhaps with a clean browser. I'm having no difficulty getting ba.com to price Club on both sectors on 12 March, both when searching one-way and round-trip.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
Originally Posted by JerseyCream
Thank you. I think it must be a website glitch. When I try to book JER - SZG all of the LHR - SZG flights come up with the following:

But when I search for a flight from LHR - SZG on its own it comes back with Club availability.
I encounter this issue whenever I try to book a GLA-LON-EUROPE trip, club price always seems very reasonable and when you click through the LON-XXX-LON always books into Economy, with only the domestic legs booking into club.

The only way around it seems to be to search for Club fares only.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: BA - Bronze , IHG - Spire Ambassador, Hilton - Diamond
Yep, this is a known glitch for multi stop bookings, if you selected economy in the search it will tell you the second leg doesn't have economy. Setting the search to business/club will fix it although the Business price will now be more expensive as it's reporting the price for business on both legs instead of just one!
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Originally Posted by GK1981
I encounter this issue whenever I try to book a GLA-LON-EUROPE trip, club price always seems very reasonable and when you click through the LON-XXX-LON always books into Economy, with only the domestic legs booking into club.

The only way around it seems to be to search for Club fares only.
I noticed this recently as well. If you’re searching on BA.com for European trips from GLA (I’m assuming it happens when starting at all regional UK airports) and leave the class of travel drop down on “economy” you get the usual Euro Traveller fare and what appears to be a bargain CE fair just to the right of it.

I got quite excited thinking I’d stumbled upon some a cracking CE deal only to see the London to Europe leg books into ET.

To get CE on both legs you need to change the travel class drop down to “business” on the initial search.

Last edited by GlasgowBlue; Jan 19, 2022 at 10:00 am
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Surely not

Originally Posted by Hawkbat
Yep, this is a known glitch for multi stop bookings!
Surely – this can’t be the case… Not for a major, international airline. And, wasn’t the entire booking system taken down for an extended period for maintenance and an upgrade – one would have assumed that all such gremlins were removed at this time.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by SxMan
And, wasn’t the entire booking system taken down for an extended period for maintenance and an upgrade ...
No, it wasn't. Memories are very short around here!
HIDDY likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by SxMan
…wasn’t the entire booking system taken down for an extended period for maintenance and an upgrade – one would have assumed that all such gremlins were removed at this time.

It was the loyalty database that was taken down for an extended period (apparently to switch some gremlins out).

The booking system, and booking system gremlins, haven't been taken down.

Please refer to the current edition of Fantastic Gremlins and Where to Find Them for clarification.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by JAXBA
It was the loyalty database that was taken down for an extended period (apparently to switch some gremlins out).

The booking system, and booking system gremlins, haven't been taken down.

Please refer to the current edition of Fantastic Gremlins and Where to Find Them for clarification.
oh – that wasn’t entirely clear. All I remember is that I was unable to use the app or to log into my account on the website. Consequently, I was forced to book with other airlines. This seemed to go on for well over a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.