Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Seat Reservation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Gold Seat Reservation

Hi

My Double TP posted and was finally able to make Gold for the first time yesterday, how long do I need to wait before I can select row 1 in CE and Exit row in WT. My husband also achieved Gold yesterday and between us we have 5 bookings ranging from WT to F and none of the seats are available.
i reached out to online chat thinking maybe it takes a day or two, but was told due to operational reasons no one can choose seats in row 1, and to wait until 15 days before the flight :/

She only looked at one booking so seems strange this would be the case for all 5.

After the excitement ( I know I know ) of finally achieving Gold, it kinda left me a bit deflated because I was looking forward to that one perk, better seats.
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You've go far more important issues to worry about right now - which rucksack to hang the gold tags from ......
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TryingtoturnLeft
My Double TP posted and was finally able to make Gold for the first time yesterday ... My husband also achieved Gold yesterday ...
Does ba.com (website) already say that you're Gold?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by TryingtoturnLeft
Hi

My Double TP posted and was finally able to make Gold for the first time yesterday, how long do I need to wait before I can select row 1 in CE and Exit row in WT. My husband also achieved Gold yesterday and between us we have 5 bookings ranging from WT to F and none of the seats are available.
i reached out to online chat thinking maybe it takes a day or two, but was told due to operational reasons no one can choose seats in row 1, and to wait until 15 days before the flight :/

She only looked at one booking so seems strange this would be the case for all 5.

After the excitement ( I know I know ) of finally achieving Gold, it kinda left me a bit deflated because I was looking forward to that one perk, better seats.
Weird reply from the agent; it usually takes 2-3 days to filter through the systems. You just have to wait a little longer.

Oh and welcome to the club
TryingtoturnLeft and becks1 like this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
You've go far more important issues to worry about right now - which rucksack to hang the gold tags from ......
lol
they will go into same kitchen drawer as all the other status/loyalty cards,
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Does ba.com (website) already say that you're Gold?
Yes both my husband and I are gold on the App and website.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by noFODplease
Weird reply from the agent; it usually takes 2-3 days to filter through the systems. You just have to wait a little longer.

Oh and welcome to the club
Thank you for the welcome,
yes as the chat was going on it seemed very strange, and it didn’t make sense at all. I’ll just be patient (try) and wait a few days.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:41 am

Took 2 days when I went silver in December to be able to book seats. I’ll be going gold in 2.5 weeks and expecting similar lag.
TryingtoturnLeft likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by i_concur
Took 2 days when I went silver in December to be able to book seats. I’ll be going gold in 2.5 weeks and expecting similar lag.
Thats good to know, thank you.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 5:49 am

I went Gold over Christmas and it was available within a week. Certainly more than two days.

I don’t rate row 1 though. Tried it on a domestic and was less room to stretch legs in my opinion then you’re struggle to find space for your bag overhead as the crew bags take the space. When you de-board you have to fight the other passengers to go back a row or two to get to your bags. I’m sticking with row 3 so I have a window that aligns to the seat properly. Long haul is a different story though.

Welcome to the fellow newbie Golds 👍🏻
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Mr Silver K
I don’t rate row 1 though. Tried it on a domestic and was less room to stretch legs in my opinion then you’re struggle to find space for your bag overhead as the crew bags take the space. When you de-board you have to fight the other passengers to go back a row or two to get to your bags. I’m sticking with row 3 so I have a window that aligns to the seat properly. Long haul is a different story though.
Really you have more leg room in row3 vs row1, I admin the fact the arms in row1 have the tray tables built in and they dont go up is a pain, but every row1 on CE ive sat in has more leg room than row3, never had the bag issue you have either, but its good to have the choice i guess.

But to answer the OP, i would just check back with MMB every day or so to seek out row 1 on your bookings (and to admire your shinny new gold portal)...
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
Really you have more leg room in row3 vs row1, I admin the fact the arms in row1 have the tray tables built in and they dont go up is a pain, but every row1 on CE ive sat in has more leg room than row3, never had the bag issue you have either, but its good to have the choice i guess.
I have no issue with the knee distance but I stretch my feet out which I can do under the seat in front but not possible on the bulk head. Plus you don’t have anywhere to put an iPad as I use the old magazine rack. We all have our littles hacks Anyway, I don’t want to take this thread off topic.

I turned Gold about 2.5 weeks ago and never got the welcome letter with luggage tags as I had done with Silver. Not sure if that is the norm as I saw Bronze ones had been dropped. I ordered some tags on the website yesterday and await to see if either arrive, both or none.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I had the exact same thing. I turned gold in early December last year, still received nothing. I am not fussed either way, but thought it was weird.

I was congratulated on retaining Silver on my first check in at first wing however, which was nice 😊
Mr Silver K likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.