Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about Club World on DFW to LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2022, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Question about Club World on DFW to LHR

I booked this route, which FlightRadar24 says is serviced by a 787-10, which has the upgraded club world suites. But when I went to pick my seats it shows the configuration of the old club world. Any insight on what I should expect to actually have on the flight?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Echo One
I booked this route, which FlightRadar24 says is serviced by a 787-10, which has the upgraded club world suites. But when I went to pick my seats it shows the configuration of the old club world. Any insight on what I should expect to actually have on the flight?
This route is switching between the B781 and B789, the latter having old CW seats. Unfortunately with only 2 B781 aircraft delivered so far due to Boeing delays, you will be subject to switches between the 2, but if your current booking shows old CW seats, I would expect the schedule to remain that way.

Pilot37
Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk Echo One

When are you travelling?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hyatt, Marriot, HHonors
G-ZBLC and G-ZBLD parked at Victorville, both in BA Colors, not handed over yet.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Welcome to FlyerTalk Echo One

When are you travelling?
Late March
Old Jan 6, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Look up your flight on the day you're travelling on Google Flights. It will show the aircraft type either as 787-10 or as 787, and it's generally been pretty accurate in my experience.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by London Dude
Look up your flight on the day you're travelling on Google Flights. It will show the aircraft type either as 787-10 or as 787, and it's generally been pretty accurate in my experience.
To be honest, why go to a secondary source when you have access to the primary one? The OP has already checked on the BA website, which is very easy to do both when people have and have not booked, and there won't be more accurate a source of what is currently planned than that.
Ldnn1, dougzz and bafan like this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
I'm looking at DFW in April and it’s got a lot of 14F, old CW 77Ws on.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
I'm looking at DFW in April and it’s got a lot of 14F, old CW 77Ws on.
BA's LHR-DFW service switches from a B787 variant to the B777-300ER from 10th April. There are only 5 B77W's in the new F/CS style at present and for the early summer program their schedule is:

LAX x 2
JFK x 1
BOS x 2

The above schedule may need 1 more B777-300ER to be converted from it's current CW set-up.

Pilot37
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Getafix
G-ZBLC and G-ZBLD parked at Victorville, both in BA Colors, not handed over yet.
Boeing is unable to deliver any B787's at the moment. It is likely to be at least April before the ban is lifted.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
To be honest, why go to a secondary source when you have access to the primary one? The OP has already checked on the BA website, which is very easy to do both when people have and have not booked, and there won't be more accurate a source of what is currently planned than that.
You're right, it was probably badly phrased, but my comment was intended as general advice for finding out the aircraft type prior to booking the flight, if one doesn't have access to EF or doesn't know how to use its free seat alerts feature.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by London Dude
You're right, it was probably badly phrased, but my comment was intended as general advice for finding out the aircraft type prior to booking the flight, if one doesn't have access to EF or doesn't know how to use its free seat alerts feature.
I agree with you, I think google flights can be very useful especially if you want to compare seat types on multiple flights/airlines etc. That said, note that my suggestion did not require expert flyer or anything. Just the good old BA website, select the flights, enter your name as though going to book and the seat maps for all flight will be available.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Pilot37
BA's LHR-DFW service switches from a B787 variant to the B777-300ER from 10th April. There are only 5 B77W's in the new F/CS style at present and for the early summer program their schedule is:

LAX x 2
JFK x 1
BOS x 2

The above schedule may need 1 more B777-300ER to be converted from it's current CW set-up.

Pilot37
Not so sure my BOS has changed to old first 😪 same as the other daily 777 departure as well, very annoying

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.