Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-arrival Test Requirement Scrapped?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2022, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Pre-arrival Test Requirement Scrapped?

Per Boris Johnson and a tweet from Grant Shapps Covid tests will not be requried if arriving in England after 4 am on Friday, January 7. My flight is on the 8th. Wonder if I shall cancel my testing appointment with Qured and hope systems are updated and agents allow me to board, or shall I play safe and still have a test ready?
becks1 and JayeJ like this.

Last edited by luitje; Jan 5, 2022 at 9:46 am
Old Jan 5, 2022, 9:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Moreover the Day 2 PCR test is replaced with a LFD test and the self isolation requirement removed for those fully vaccinated. These rules come in to affect at 04:00 on Sunday, 9 January 2022.

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Jan 5, 2022 at 11:15 am Reason: Corrected start date of LFD test
Old Jan 5, 2022, 9:56 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Moreover the Day 2 PCR test is replaced with a LFD test and the self isolation requirement removed for those fully vaccinated. These rules come in to affect at 04:00 on Friday, 7 January 2022.
problem is none of the providers are offering day 2 lateral flow tests ( hopefully they will appear in a few hours) as now without booking a lateral flow for day 2 I will be denied boarding. Yougov have still not updated their websites but perhaps I need to be a bit patient I fly sauurday morning.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by fdem
problem is none of the providers are offering day 2 lateral flow tests ( hopefully they will appear in a few hours) as now without booking a lateral flow for day 2 I will be denied boarding. Yougov have still not updated their websites but perhaps I need to be a bit patient I fly sauurday morning.
Simplytestme are - https://www.simplytestme.co.uk/
Tried to use them last time, but the rules changed to PCR. They gave a refund promptly without any action on my part.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by S_W_S
Simplytestme are - https://www.simplytestme.co.uk/
Tried to use them last time, but the rules changed to PCR. They gave a refund promptly without any action on my part.
I changed mine over to the pre-departure test as the same thing.

Not going to please a lot these companies. A lot of chopping and changing etc.

Are they having issues getting hold of lateral flow tests, or is it just the NHS ones.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:01 am
formerly fdemoulin

Haven’t booked anything as heard travel policy likely to change so haven’t forked out any money yet. Will wait and hope some providers update their websites so I can complete my UK locator form
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Haven’t booked anything as heard travel policy likely to change so haven’t forked out any money yet. Will wait and hope some providers update their websites so I can complete my UK locator form
SimplyTest me are doing day 2 LFTs already, Ł12.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Moreover the Day 2 PCR test is replaced with a LFD test and the self isolation requirement removed for those fully vaccinated. These rules come in to affect at 04:00 on Friday, 7 January 2022.
With this change - I wonder if the BA arrival lounge will reopen for flights arriving after 4am on Fri 7th Jan.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Have they stated that the Lateral Flow test has to be a paid one and that the NHS standard one are OK?

Not been clarified, has it?
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:08 am
formerly fdemoulin

Originally Posted by Schwann
SimplyTest me are doing day 2 LFTs already, Ł12.
thanks for that just checked their website but nothing available till next week! This could be a problem guess I might have to still book an expensive PCR just to be able to get back. Will wait a bit and see if others have availability but think this is going to be the same problem with other companies. Ugh never gets easier!
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:13 am
formerly fdemoulin

Originally Posted by Fatdickie
Duplicated, fat fingers
thought the same. Ridiculous thing is that last flight that required LF tests on day 2 ( randox) didn’t work so to be sure we were not infectious used an NHS one I had in reserve which worked fine. There was no requirement to report the result. Main problem will be that I won’t be allowed to fill in UK locator form without one. So much for things getting easier but still early days. As usual government announcement lacks clarity but nothing new
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
When I bought Qured LFTs to use as my pre-flight test from abroad, they came with codes that matched the format required for the plf.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Fatdickie
Have they stated that the Lateral Flow test has to be a paid one and that the NHS standard one are OK?

Not been clarified, has it?
Has to be a paid one, per Shapps on twitter:

"After arrival in England, all fully vaxxed people & under 18s will now only need to take a LATERAL FLOW test (instead of a PCR test) if they arrive after 4am Sunday 9 Jan.

Free NHS lateral flow tests CANNOT be used for international travel, to protect NHS capacity [4/6]"
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
thanks for that just checked their website but nothing available till next week! This could be a problem guess I might have to still book an expensive PCR just to be able to get back. Will wait a bit and see if others have availability but think this is going to be the same problem with other companies. Ugh never gets easier!
When are you coming back? Just booked a weekend away with a Sunday return and it all worked fine. They'll send it out tomorrow so it should be here before the weekend anyway.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:45 am
formerly fdemoulin

Originally Posted by Schwann
When are you coming back? Just booked a weekend away with a Sunday return and it all worked fine. They'll send it out tomorrow so it should be here before the weekend anyway.
I am flying back Saturday so will miss having to book an LF by one day. Seems that the cut off is Sunday so you should be ok

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.