Wiki Posts
Search

Deadline for cancelling BA holiday

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2021, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Deadline for cancelling BA holiday

I have got a BA holiday booked for 28 January - LHR - MAN - CPT - LHR - MAN. As BA have cancelled the LHR - MAN sector I want to cancel the booking and get a cash refund for the deposit. What’s my deadline for cancelling?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
I have got a BA holiday booked for 28 January - LHR - MAN - CPT - LHR - MAN. As BA have cancelled the LHR - MAN sector I want to cancel the booking and get a cash refund for the deposit. What’s my deadline for cancelling?
Some would say its 6 years technically but probably best to cancel it before the t-21 days to have everything neat and tidy.

Good luck getting through - took me a few goes today to sort my BAH cancel/misconect out.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Some would say its 6 years technically
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
If you booked before 15 December 2021 then it's three weeks. After that date it's now four weeks (28 days)
Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:42 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
20 minute wait on the BA Holiday line yesterday. Flight cancelled by BA so full refund offered as a bank transfer instead of a credit to the Amex card. Told to expect the amount in 7-10 working days. A satisfactory result, but I am sad for an earlier agent called John who made a terrific effort to sort out the booking a few months back. I have consistently found that BAH staff are determined to give excellent customer service.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Originally Posted by LPQ
20 minute wait on the BA Holiday line yesterday. Flight cancelled by BA so full refund offered as a bank transfer instead of a credit to the Amex card. Told to expect the amount in 7-10 working days. A satisfactory result, but I am sad for an earlier agent called John who made a terrific effort to sort out the booking a few months back. I have consistently found that BAH staff are determined to give excellent customer service.
BAH staff give consistently excellent service in my experience. I called earlier this month as I wanted to cancel my Dubai holiday trip due to changes in covid testing regime. As it turned out, a flight time change meant I only had 50 mins transfer, as opposed to the required 60, so full refund issued to original CC. This was 5 or 6 days prior to departure. Funds came through in 3 days.
Robert279 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.