Wiki Posts
Search

BA impressed new passenger

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2021, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
BA impressed new passenger

Amongst all the questions and complaints on the board I'd like to say BA does get it right sometimes. I booked a flight for my 84 year old mother (1st time BA pax, not a member of exec club) from MAN to LHR because we didnt want her driving. She arrived gushing with joy at how well she'd been looked after. It transpires BA had upgraded her to CE (I'd booked her ET) and had been wined and dined as much as is possible in the 35 minutes in the air.

She even like the buttered scone!

So thanks BA and the crew of 1403 , and Merry Christmas to you all.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 12:56 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Nice one

Excellent to hear that some people are so easily pleased. Lovely to know that she had a good time.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by SxMan
Excellent to hear that some people are so easily pleased. Lovely to know that she had a good time.
Is it me or did that sound just a teensy bit patronising? Anyway a lovely way for your Mum to start Xmas. Well done BA.

Last edited by Shingi; Dec 24, 2021 at 2:34 am
Old Dec 24, 2021, 1:25 am
Original Poster

After having had to spend last Christmas alone because of the pandemic lockdown I think her and a a lot of other people are happy to be getting back to something resembling normality
Old Dec 24, 2021, 1:44 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by Shingi
Is it me or did that sound just a teensy bit patronising? Anyway a lovely way for you Mum to start Xmas. We’ll done BA.
100% in agreement with you. A simple that is nice to hear would have been better.

Well done BA and it is nice to know that not everyone is as critical about flying as the average FTer. (I went with some friends to Dubrovnic a couple of months ago, they have never done anything other than charter and thought CE was great, I thought it was avaerage)
dougzz, Blenheim, u01sss3 and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by firstlight
She even melted like the buttered scone!
Old Dec 24, 2021, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC
Sometimes BA still get it right and it’s lovely to read. The combination of an upgrade and a really good crew made for a very happy experience.
Most of us on here are spoiled rotten, frankly (self included). It’s right that we should point out the shortcomings and the failure to provide what was paid for and I’m very upset about the lack of clotted cream being reported. However, credit where it’s due and this is a happy Christmas Eve story.
Merry Christmas one and all.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 4:38 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
To Violet Crawley, Dowager Countess of Grantham

Dear Violet,

With a put down like that, it had to be you! Indeed, I suspect that the Good Lady was travelling without her maid. Moreover she drives her own car as clearly she has relinquished the chauffeur. What next? That she enjoyed everything is quite unsurprising as one can expect no better. She ate a scone? A scone with Caviar and Foie Gras I have never heard of. Still, it was not American Airlines where on the same distance the obese flummox who called herself a Flight Attendant did precisely nothing. Still it was a much nicer seat than British Airways Dear, so that’s all that matters. You will excuse me but I’m off to fly in Business Class with the rest of the Hoi-Poloi. There is no First Class anymore, it’s all so common these days.

Do have a Happy Christmas Dear wherever you are

Your Sister in Gin

Pucci

Now one nom de -internet has greeted another. Dear I LOVED your story. I’m so pleased Mum enjoyed herself and got home safely. You do realise that she has now tasted the Good Life and she will want more. It could be an expensive New Year for you, bless her.

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Dec 24, 2021 at 6:14 am
Old Dec 24, 2021, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Now on nom de -internet has greeted another. Dear I LOVED your story. I’m so pleased Mum enjoyed herself and got home safely. You do realise that she has now tasted the Good Life and she will want more. It could be an expensive New Year for you, bless her.
It's made her Christmas for sure. Mum has two sports cars but we are persuading her to take up the high life while she still can and reduce the potential for mayhem on the m6 and m1. I would not be surprised to see her in F on an A380 next year. She told the FA that she had not booked any food to be told 'Don't worry Madam it's complimentary'. The crew member in question had obviously been trained on proper behaviour by your good self on previous flights.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Pucci and her white gloves was a service to behold, sadly I was only on the receiving end of rubber ones. 😝
Old Dec 24, 2021, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Had similar earlier in the year. Took my parents to Gibraltar, starting the trip from MAN. Having only ever flown with the holiday or low cost airlines, they were absolutely blown away with CE.

Granted, we dropped on some excellent crews - but still.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Pucci and her white gloves was a service to behold, sadly I was only on the receiving end of rubber ones. 😝
Boxing ones more like!
Old Dec 24, 2021, 6:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by firstlight
Amongst all the questions and complaints on the board I'd like to say BA does get it right sometimes. I booked a flight for my 84 year old mother (1st time BA pax, not a member of exec club) from MAN to LHR because we didnt want her driving. She arrived gushing with joy at how well she'd been looked after. It transpires BA had upgraded her to CE (I'd booked her ET) and had been wined and dined as much as is possible in the 35 minutes in the air.

She even like the buttered scone!

So thanks BA and the crew of 1403 , and Merry Christmas to you all.
This is very nice to hear, a Christmas tale to warm the heart!

We all become a bit cynical on here - well I have over the years - and spend plenty of time complaining about things, but it is nice to hear of someone who was looked after and enjoyed her flight.

Have a Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 24, 2021, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
This is very nice to hear, a Christmas tale to warm the heart!

We all become a bit cynical on here - well I have over the years - and spend plenty of time complaining about things, but it is nice to hear of someone who was looked after and enjoyed her flight.

Have a Merry Christmas!
To you my Love who has been so very helpful and patient with my many requests for clarity in all these shifting rules - a Merry Christmas as well.

I can tell you with absolute truth that I and more particularly my Other Half (he cannot be the Better Half as that is my role) have enjoyed all our BA flights that we have taken. The catering may have been dire, but considering that AA are only offering revolting swill and stale sandwiches even as far as HNL from LAX - we are spoilt indeed by comparison. I too may be easily pleased but I recognise a hard working crew when I see one and I have not had one that is lazy. Inexperienced maybe but not lazy.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 6:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Hark the herald angels sing!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.