Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any recent BA LGW tips/experience?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2021, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Any recent BA LGW tips/experience?

We fly tomorrow, checked in thanks to VeriFLY and bags to drop.

I have read that there is a separate VeriFLY line but not clear to me whether this will be better than going to F desk?

Also does J/GCH still get FastTrack security at LGW?

Think I’m clear on the lounge - No1 and probably better off heading to the Pret!

Thanks for any tips. And I appreciate that it is unpredictable/YMMV.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
No idea about Verifly lane to be fair, flew W last month to CUN checked it at J checkin no issue. Fast Track is available, as Silver in W no lounge access so got vouchers which we spent on treats at WH Smiths and had rather good breakfast in Sonoma.

Safe travels
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LeeT
No idea about Verifly lane to be fair, flew W last month to CUN checked it at J checkin no issue. Fast Track is available, as Silver in W no lounge access so got vouchers which we spent on treats at WH Smiths and had rather good breakfast in Sonoma.

Safe travels
Thank you. Are they not extending lounge access to Silver at LGW right now?
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
The lounge is pretty dire, when I went it was slow service and very poor choice. It gets quite busy too. I'd second the suggestion of Sonoma. Security is very fast, you don't really need fast track. By the way, heading off to the far right after security and through the assistance lane saves you the long Duty Free Maze and gets you out by a water fountain and Wetherspoons.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by aristoph
Thank you. Are they not extending lounge access to Silver at LGW right now?
That would be strange indeed. I was able to access the No1 lounge back in early October as a Silver flying in W and was allowed in. In fact, I think I was the first to report the lounge change from Aspire. Oneworld website still shows access to Sapphire and Emerald for BA and nothing specific in place like the BA DXB lounge.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
That would be strange indeed. I was able to access the No1 lounge back in early October as a Silver flying in W and was allowed in. In fact, I think I was the first to report the lounge change from Aspire. Oneworld website still shows access to Sapphire and Emerald for BA and nothing specific in place like the BA DXB lounge.

Was due to US opening up again and general uptick in travel. As reference they said Lounge was overbooked so presume with MCO, CUN, BGI? ANU? flights full at the time (23rd November) they only were allowing J and GCH.
If you added in Silver not flying J or F then it would probably have taken whole of the lounge not just that space allocated to BA!
Old Dec 23, 2021, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bisonrav
The lounge is pretty dire, when I went it was slow service and very poor choice. It gets quite busy too. I'd second the suggestion of Sonoma. Security is very fast, you don't really need fast track. By the way, heading off to the far right after security and through the assistance lane saves you the long Duty Free Maze and gets you out by a water fountain and Wetherspoons.
Sonoma it is then!

Anybody got tips on check-in/bag drop?
Old Dec 24, 2021, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Just an update for anyone who might be flying from LGW. VeriFLY worked very well, no queue at all, though TBH the other check ins were also quiet. We were invited to use the self bag drop though the lady basically did it for us; seemed pretty straightforward however.

We were told to go to No 1 Lounge but the dragon there redirected us to the laughably named Club Aspire. Basically a dungeon with sausage and egg on offer lol.

Typical LGW, the gate showed as closing 40 mins before the flight and when we got there it was nowhere near boarding. Everyone was crammed into the small boarding area for over an hour as yet again LGW-ANU leaves late. Watch this space for superspreader news.
lcylocal likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Just an update for anyone who might be flying from LGW. VeriFLY worked very well, no queue at all, though TBH the other check ins were also quiet. We were invited to use the self bag drop though the lady basically did it for us; seemed pretty straightforward however.

We were told to go to No 1 Lounge but the dragon there redirected us to the laughably named Club Aspire. Basically a dungeon with sausage and egg on offer lol.

Typical LGW, the gate showed as closing 40 mins before the flight and when we got there it was nowhere near boarding. Everyone was crammed into the small boarding area for over an hour as yet again LGW-ANU leaves late. Watch this space for superspreader news.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.