Wiki Posts
Search

Scores on the doors - 2021 Flight History

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Scores on the doors - 2021 Flight History

I finished with flying for 2021 yesterday, so posting my stats which are massively different from recent years.

All leisure travel including a couple of holidays. Very little BA or OW, and a mere 400 TPs earned. Mostly gadding around places that'll have me, or where I can find cheap tickets via OTAs. Notably, FR were my airline of choice, unbeatable for price, decent punctuality, apparently systematically heavy landings, and surprisingly excellent customer service the first time I needed it. I can now navigate Dublin airport in my sleep though.

Some notable inclusions were the all-in helicopter tour of Manhattan and a flight to see a hazy aurora over Shetland. Cancellations and postponements included a Seaplane flight on Loch Lomond and a Spitfire.

Best discovery was Guernsey, though less so on a second visit where the weather was impossibly bad. Will definitely return there.

Here's to a more conventional 2022 (most of which has already been cancelled, but hey ho). I hope to do more BA once Gatwick reopens,

Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Mine is very simple. Zero flights in 2021 .
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I haven't strayed far this year!

Assuming no more disruption between now and the end of the year I should finish on

EDIT: spoke too soon! 2 flights cancelled due to weather so figures now revised

164 flights of which
160 domestic (inc. JER, GCI & IOM)
4 international
41,335 miles
New airports visited BEB EXT GCI IOM KOI LPL SYY TRE

Last edited by KARFA; Dec 19, 2021 at 3:59 am
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
Ha! Had 2 return trips to LHR from GLA, and that's it. One more currently in the diary for Feb, and a Jet2 flight to FAO and back next June, but it's a sad state of affairs generally!!!
Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
4 flights MAN to LHR and 5 flights LHR to MAN.

My lowest miles in a flying year since I started flying in 2004.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:22 am

Programs: ex BD(LG),HH(D),SPG(P)/(LG), BA(G)
LGW-GCI rtn;
BHX-GCI rtn;
and was due to have LHR-ORD-DTW tomorrow but brother-in-law determined I was a Covid risk so told me to cancel it on Wednesday!! (That was fun unpicking all the flights and tests, given partner and I were both travelling outbound together before heading off to respective families for the first time in two years). First time for over 20 years I have the equivalent of 0 tier points or Avios through flying!

Merry (& healthy) Christmas to all, and hope 2022 returns to some sort of normality
nk15, Synapseturquoise and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
5 return flights GLA to LHR AND 1 return LHR to VLC a very quiet year indeed
Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:45 am

I actually flew less this year than in 2020, which is not how it had been planned!

14 sectors, 16,621 miles all for leisure, mostly chasing the green list around Europe, but did get five, last minute, brilliant nights in Barbados in the first week of December on a companion voucher. Having clocked up a mere 10tp since my year reset in October, and no prospect of work travel anytime soon, I don't think i'm going to bother trying to renew Gold sadly. Praying for another 12 months from BA now!

The pleasant suprise of the year was Ljublana, absolutely recommend for a 2 night city break (just be careful about accidentally ordering horse in a restuarant).

toothy, ENTP and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 4:19 am

Pitiful year flying, although I have walked over 5000 miles
Old Dec 17, 2021, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Managed 46 flights in 2021, which is not half bad compared to 2020 but not a patch on 2019's 75.

2021 saw my first domestic flight with Qatar Airways and my first flights on the B737 Max and Airbus A220/CSeries. New airlines included Flair Airlines, Scoot, Wizz Air and Jet2.

Longest flight was DOH-MEM on Qatar.

Originally Posted by Only1BD
and was due to have LHR-ORD-DTW tomorrow but brother-in-law determined I was a Covid risk so told me to cancel it on Wednesday!! (That was fun unpicking all the flights and tests, given partner and I were both travelling outbound together before heading off to respective families for the first time in two years).
You could have still gone.... and just not seen him.
​​​​​​​
Only1BD and mnhusker like this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
11 flights in 2021.

SYD-DOH - QR J
DOH-DUB - QR J
KIR-DUB - FR (Kerry to Dublin is a domestic route in Ireland)
DUB-CFN - HP (Dublin to Donegal is a domestic route in Ireland, currently operated with a Fokker 50 of Amapola Flyg)
CFN-DUB - HP
DUB-AMS - KL Y
AMS-TLS - KL J
TLS-LHR - BA J
LHR-DUB - BA J
DUB-LCY - BA J
LHR-DUB - BA J

Next year already has 24 flights booked and much farther afield and all with BA or their codeshare partners
Old Dec 17, 2021, 5:31 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)

24 flights, 45,000 miles, 2225 tier points, a mix of BA, AA, AY, and JU (Air Serbia). Long hauls were all in BA F with one segment in CW suites. Shorthaul were mostly AA 2 class business/first or BA Club Europe.

I've lost track of the number of covid tests, PLFs and similar that I've had to complete.
T8191 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)

17 flights

15 international

2 domestic

53,964 miles

Only three airports, though -- fairly boring. LHR JFK MIA. And none of the flights in the cheap seats -- hooray!

The interesting statistic is 100% 777. Even the 2 U.S. domestic legs.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
25 Flights on BA, four of which were long haul (Barbados and Las Vegas) - the rest around Europe
1 flight on EasyJet
4 Flights on Lufthansa including The Maldives in Economy (which was not too bad)
2 Seaplane transfers (if that counts) - Was great fun
2 Flights on Vueling which I would not recommend
2 Air France

Total 36 Flights

LH trips cancelled - Nashville , Barbados (twice) , Las Vegas (twice) , Singapore & Melbourne and LAX
SH Flights cancelled - 20 Plus

PS I also had a Princess Fjord cruise cancelled and squeezed in a last minute Viking River Cruise along the Danube just before its all went potty last month (I caught covid in Budapest)

Last edited by sunshinebob; Dec 17, 2021 at 9:50 am Reason: added two with Air France
Old Dec 17, 2021, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
ACE and back

Hoping for better things in 2022

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.