Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A change from bare feet…

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Shingi
Yes, knees against the back of the seat in front which, if you’re the unlucky one sitting in said seat feels like an unwanted back massage.
No, I meant against their own seat back, i.e. the person is (trying) sleeping on their right side, facing the back of the plane.

Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
Nice try (you've obviously done it yourself) but the owner of the hands was in 5A, 5C was occupied and there was a fixed table at 5B. That's what made the contortions even more impressive.
It's been decades since I last had the chance to try to sleep across a set of three seats. Digging deep in my memories, perhaps tainted by sleeping in cars: Back sleeping requires pointing one's knees up at the ceiling because the set of seats isn't wide enough. Modern contoured seats are also likely uncomfortable this way. Side sleeping facing forward results in bent knees hanging over the front edge of the seat which may create a feeling of rolling off the front edge of the seats. Side sleeping facing backwards may solve the balance problem, but do you really want to put your face up against that part of the seat?

Perhaps 5A and 5C were traveling together and 5C facilitated a way for 5A to lay down? The combination of lap, table, and a piece of luggage might create a flat enough space to sleep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.