Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai Covid Testing Timeline Confusion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2021, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Dubai Covid Testing Timeline Confusion

I am flying BCN-LHR-DXB on BA (simple 3-hour airport transit in LHR, with no stopover or crossing the UK border involved) but I am confused if I am supposed to get PCR tested (to enter Dubai) 72-hours before departure of the BCN-LHR flight, or 72-hours before departure of the LHR-DXB flight?

I cannot find specific info in this regard on either the BA website or the UAE government one...
Old Dec 10, 2021, 6:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
This is a good question...as I have wondered about the indirect nature of flights and how they are treated under the 72 hour rule myself...Chris
Old Dec 11, 2021, 5:04 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
The rule is it is 72 hours from the scheduled departure of the flight that lands in Dubai.

Its on the Emirates website.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 8:03 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci
The rule is it is 72 hours from the scheduled departure of the flight that lands in Dubai.

Its on the Emirates website.
Timatic says the same and that’s what I based my testing on for all my trip to Dubai since the summer.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 5:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold, HHonors Diamond
Wondering the same here. Still floating between these two options for New Years Eve: BER-LHR-DXB (flying BA, as usual) or booking the Lufthansa sale to go from WAW-FRA-DXB. My understanding is that the BA flight requires a PCR test also for entering DXB but the flight WAW-FRA-DXB doesn't need a PCR test (German passport, fully vaccinated and actually departing from Germany on the last leg - Germany, France, Spain, Switzerland are excluded for PCR)?
Have you had any recent experiences MaxFlyer ?
Old Dec 15, 2021, 10:07 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ToKo
Wondering the same here. Still floating between these two options for New Years Eve: BER-LHR-DXB (flying BA, as usual) or booking the Lufthansa sale to go from WAW-FRA-DXB. My understanding is that the BA flight requires a PCR test also for entering DXB but the flight WAW-FRA-DXB doesn't need a PCR test (German passport, fully vaccinated and actually departing from Germany on the last leg - Germany, France, Spain, Switzerland are excluded for PCR)?
Have you had any recent experiences MaxFlyer ?
I don’t have any direct experience of this but according to the Sherpa site and the UAE government site you don’t need to provide a PCR test for Dubai if you are coming from certain European countries which includes Germany and are fully vaccinated.

https://u.ae/en/information-and-serv...ing-to-the-uae

However, I’m not sure how clued up the staff at Dubai just before you get on the train to immigration are as they only seem to be interested in checking PCR test results.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.