Wiki Posts
Search

No ground booze from BOS?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2021, 4:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

No ground booze from BOS?

Flew F out of BOS this week and no booze for PDBs. Couldn’t get a proper explanation. Any ideas?
Old Dec 10, 2021, 4:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond
Flew Club back from BOS 1st Dec, offered fizzy stuff and water.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 6:54 pm

Duty isn’t paid on the bars in the US so they’re unable to be opened on the ground. Pre take off champagne should be loaded by the caterers on the galley tops but sounds like this didn’t happen.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 3:17 am

Same from LAX last week, only water and juice.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Discus
Same from LAX last week, only water and juice.
Was this due to limited champagne on board? Other reports (inc mine!) of low stocks for the return meaning none offered for PDB
Old Dec 11, 2021, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I agree with those feeling it is annoying as a pre-departure glass of Champagne sets a welcome festive mood, but in pure taste terms, as long as the Champagne served in BA J is that horrible Canard Duchene, it is not a huge loss... I really hope that they change it fast!
Old Dec 12, 2021, 3:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I agree with those feeling it is annoying as a pre-departure glass of Champagne sets a welcome festive mood, but in pure taste terms, as long as the Champagne served in BA J is that horrible Canard Duchene, it is not a huge loss... I really hope that they change it fast!
but LPGS is a different story
orbitmic and SxMan like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 4:02 am

Only water offered pre departure in F from ORD at the end of November
Old Dec 12, 2021, 4:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
A few days ago out of ORD it looked like the caterer bottle system was in use, as detailed above. So a pre-poured tray from a pre-allocated set of bottles, not taken from the sealed bars. There were a lot of AUPs and POUGs so they were pushing the water and orange juice more than the fizz.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Four days ago champagne offered in club from JFK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.