Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Europe Seating LHR to PMI

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Club Europe Seating LHR to PMI

Bit out of touch on Club eU, is there virtually no seating benefit re legroom on this route?
Have companion voucher to use but am I better selecting economy and paying for exit seats?
thanks for any pointers…
Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Club Europe is alright, crew are good and food is decent, plus you'll have an empty middle seat. For a short flight, I'd take that over an exit row seat.
Richardc77 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Richardc77
Bit out of touch on Club eU, is there virtually no seating benefit re legroom on this route?
Have companion voucher to use but am I better selecting economy and paying for exit seats?
thanks for any pointers…
well depends of the aircraft type and how many rows the CE curtain goes. On the PMI route is it not unheard that goes row 12 on the a320 and row 14 on the a321. Will it be like that on the date you are travelling no idea and you will only find it out when you board the plane. Curtain can move up and down even after OLCI opens.
Richardc77 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Booking for July 👍
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:17 pm

I had to row 12 on the return leg. CE was a total waste of time other then the increased luggage allowance for my bike. The check in queues were longer for club than economy at PMI coning back. There was one option for food by the time they got back to me at row 11,
Old Dec 5, 2021, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Interesting so same legroom as Economy?
Old Dec 5, 2021, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Interesting so same legroom as Economy?
Yes, same legroom as economy. Same seat too, but with middle seat left empty. But there are other perks, which you may or may not already have depending on status, such as lounge access, fast track security, priority boarding and more Avios/Tier Points. Food and bar service. And larger luggage allowance. It's not all bad........ I don't mind the odd CE, but then I only usually achieve Bronze. YMMV.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:10 am

Legroom is similar in economy then is CE but not the same. Don’t forget most of the Airbuses now have two type of seats. Up until row 12 or 14 is always the traditional economy seat which reclines a bit and has a bit more padding. All other rows has the new slimline seats which are not recline and very thin padding.
My bet for the July next year will be a A321 neo. So all exit row seat will be in economy and will be the slimline non recliner. Of course this is kind of gambling.
I still prefer CE as at least the middle seat is blocked so travelling a single or a pair of people it’s always a nicer experience.
Richardc77 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks that is interesting as dummy booking suggests A320 most likely to PMi in July.

Last edited by Richardc77; Dec 5, 2021 at 4:25 am
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:30 am

Thanks that is interesting as dummy booking suggests A320 most likely to PMi
I would not rely on the info unfortunately. It is just a placeholder so BA can sell some tickets. This year July BA450 was mainly A321neo some A319 and few A320. BA496 was almost always A319 but only late July BA had that flight. This also wouldn’t help you as many many things can and will change until July next year.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:35 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by Krisz
Legroom is similar in economy then is CE but not the same. Don’t forget most of the Airbuses now have two type of seats. Up until row 12 or 14 is always the traditional economy seat which reclines a bit and has a bit more padding. All other rows has the new slimline seats which are not recline and very thin padding.
My bet for the July next year will be a A321 neo. So all exit row seat will be in economy and will be the slimline non recliner. Of course this is kind of gambling.
..: are not exit rows seats always non-reclining, by default?
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SxMan
..: are not exit rows seats always non-reclining, by default?
No, for example on the Heathrow based A320, rows 11 and 12 are the exit rows but it’s rows 10 and 11 that don’t recline.

For the OP, www.aerolopa.com is a great resource for all seating information on BA aircraft.
Richardc77, KARFA and SxMan like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
A row cannot recline in to an exit row, but an exit can recline as long as there is not another exit row directly behind.
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Expecting to book 496/497 but may choose the later flight back into LHR to avoid the Friday rush hour in early July
Old Dec 5, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by KARFA
A row cannot recline in to an exit row, but an exit can recline as long as there is not another exit row directly behind.
thank you – I understand now. I once complained that my CE seat did not recline and was told it was “because of the exit row “but I hadn’t grasped quite what this meant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.